Capitulum Nulla

The howl of the beast echoed and disturbed the stillness of the night. Softly, the rustling of the leaves against the midnight wind whispered a protest. 

Against the pureness of the snow, blood painted the scene like fresh lycoris blooming under the twilight sky. The sky blessed the world with snow as if to lull everyone asleep. 

A boy stood silently, a dagger on his hand. His eyes colored like the majestic iris, like the royal amethyst, shone brightly against the dark. Like a black cat veiled by the night, eyes bright and breathtaking. Eerily beautiful. 

The beast who ordered the moon to wax and wane weaved against the branches and shrubs, eyes glowing in fiery silver. It's illustrious fur of white tainted with the stain of blood. The wolf, last of its kin, growled in fury against the small body standing silently in front of the corpse of its brethren. 

"Are you also alone?" asked the boy as he dropped the small dagger in the snow and waddled towards the beast. His stubby legs losing strength making him fall on the snow, his body sinking against the cold. Laughter echoed against the night, the boy laughed. 

The wolf cowered, silently retreating - its silver eyes trembled as it observed the boy sunk in the snow. Intuition tingling, signaling the immense danger. A purple mist - a wisp of queer purple smoke, surrounded the area as though locking them in a trap. The boy struggled to stand up, eyes glowing brighter than the stars. "Would you rather chose death?"

The beast whimpered, intelligent silver eyes closed as it made its decision. It crouched down to acknowledge its new master -- the captor of its life. The boy smiled, eyes void of any joy. It toddled towards the beast and brushed his hands against its fur. "You've been dirtied. Let's go home and have you cleaned up, my beautiful beast - Mei"

Seoul, Korea
8 pm

Kim Junkyu felt his head throbbing as visions flooded inside his head. The warmth of his blood mixed with the chills of his skin was never a good thing to experience.

He immediately pulled his hood down and rushed out of the store -- the cashier shouting angrily at him for leaving without paying for the things he was planning to buy.

He exhaled as soon as he found himself alone in an empty alley, with only the large metal trash cans accompanying him. He slid his hands on his pockets to take the small mirror he always carry.

He stared at the reflection of his eye and grimaced. His eyes of black were replaced with crystal white like the color of diamonds.

He reinserted the small mirror back to his pocket before he leaned his back against the brick wall, eyes closed.

It was obviously a bad idea to go out alone. He should have asked Seunghun to buy thing for him as usual.

He groaned as he felt the stupidity of his actions sinking in. The phone in his pocket vibrated making him jolt slightly in surprise. He cursed beneath his breath as he fished his phone and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Kim Junkyu, where the heck are you?  I'm outside of your house" scolded the voice from the other line. Junkyu had to put the phone away from his ear due to the sudden shout. "Anyways, text me where you are and dont move from there"

Junkyu breathed as he felt the power in his eyes disappearing, withdrawing back to whichever part of his consciousness it originated from. He blinked his eyes open and saw a dog sitting in front of him with a soft silvery mane and intelligent looking sharp grey eyes.

He felt somewhat attracted to the large husky. He was about to reach to touch the canine but his phone buzzed alerting him of a text message.  Junkyu knew he had to reply immediately or he'd have to suffer the whole day of his brother nagging at him.

As soon as he finished replying to the text, he shifted his gaze to the place where the large dog was previously and only to meet an empty space.

The canine wagged its tail as it stared down on the young man from the rooftop of the adjacent building. It's eyes of grey glinted silver as the sunrays reflected against it.

It changed it's form to a young girl, round eyes colored deep gray and hair of platinum blonde reaching her clavicles. A young girl who looked seven years old.

"Mei" called a male voice, clear and unique. The girl took her sight away from the young man and turned towards the owner of the voice that called her name. She let the wind tussle her hair that she kept untied, and her white dress. The voice chuckled, as the little girl struggled against the breeze and stated, "It is time to go home"

"Mmmhmm" the girl hummed as she skipped towards her master, her little arms reaching to be held. "Let's go home and eat meat"