Capitulum Tres

He is asleep. Exhaustion has finally settled in his body. He snored lightly as his body sank in the couch he had specially ordered to be his resting chair. With a worn-out red quilt on his lap, he let his body lulled by the rocking of the couch. Unlike the cold scenery of winter outside his window, the room, his private space was warmed by the tamed fire of bright yellow in his little fireplace.

It was obvious that sleep did not come easy for him. The signs of his mental battle obvious from the half-finished book lying silently atop of the quilt in his lap and the empty cup of coffee on the small table beside him.

He is an author, well-known, and highly respected. His recent masterpiece made its way to the silver screen with high-profiled casts to play the characters he created. He had recently finished and successfully delivered the manuscript for the last book of his latest franchise.

Disturbing the comfy silence of the room, two boys entered the space silently careful as to not cause noise to wake their guardian. They waddled with their little bodies to reach the large blue sofa. As soon as they settled in the comforts of the couch, small orbs of lights in different colors popped into existence and started to gather at the little ones.

"Zwei, tell the little pests not to bother the sleeping monster" one of the boys reprimanded the other. The little boy stared at his replica, his twin, with a frown. A large dog suddenly appeared by his side, a hound of eyes so red and fur so black that folklore repeats its name in horror.

Legends would have referred to the sight as surreal, faeries of the opposing court coexisting with each other. An impossibility like how the night and day happens at the same time.

The younger of the twins pouted, not liking the way his brother spoke to him, but followed his instructions. "You should say please if you're requesting something. It's basic manners, Eine"

"Quit being a goody-two-shoes, stupid" the eldest replied snappily. Zwei sighed and ordered the pixies to dim their lights. He needn't speak - he was their lord. His wishes were always their priorities.

It was slightly eerie how the younger of the twins had his eyes glowing against the dark, his eyes like that of a cat -- heterochromatic. His left was colored a fiery amber while his right was glittering jade.

Eine shifted his position on the couch and allowed the hound to seat on his lap curling like a cat. But, the hound's body was inconveniently bigger so he ordered it to change its size. His eyes stared at the creature on his lap reflecting the same eyes his twin had. Except, his eyes were bright green on the left and glittering amber on the right.

Without them knowing, the author woke up with the commotion. He secretly observed the twins in amusement, a small smile on his face.

The pixies who extinguished their light encircled the previously slumbering author and giggled as they called his name, "Mihael, Mihael, good morning"

The little faeries of mischief were taught to greet by their lord. A basic manner. The boys stared at their master, their eldest brother, before pouting at each other.

Eine glared at his brother and blamed, "Your pipsqueaks are too noisy. Obviously, he'd wake up"

"It was your heavyweight creaking the floors that woke him up, piggy" Zwei replied with a huff.

"Stupid" Eine grimaced as he continued to bicker with his brother. Mihael stood up from his seat and pried the twins apart since they were obviously baring their fangs against each other.

"Enough, both of you" The author sighed and carried both of them in his arms. He returned to his seat and placed the twins in his lap. Eine was still frowning as he stared at the yellow fire flickering with embers while Zwei shifted his position to cuddle with his master.