Capitulum Sechs

The Choi siblings sat uncomfortably at the large sofa as they felt the scrutinizing gaze from the silver-haired child in front of them. There was a glint of interest and curiosity in the gray eyes of the child as she observed the siblings. 

Hyunsuk sighed as he remembered the reason why they are here, at the Korean base of the mist.  Almost 30 minutes ago, a portal opened inside their small apartment in Apgujeong where the famous nono and sesto stepped out. Both mist members wore a light smile on their face but were exuding a commanding aura. 

The next thing they knew was that they were invited by the two to their place. They were told to wait in the large waiting area that appears to be the commonplace of the team.

A woman, perhaps a teenager would be best to describe her, entered the room with a light smile on her face. Her eyes immediately lit up in mischief as she saw the famous informant of Apgujeong. 

"It has been a long time, An." Ciel chuckled as she took the open seat across the pair of siblings and next to the Fenrir. The younger Choi narrowed her eyes and crushed the chocolate candy in her mouth as she saw the familiar figure of her college friend take a relaxed seat in front of her. 

She clicked her tongue in annoyance as she released an intimidating look with her sleek and cat-like eye line. She replied in a huff, "I would have preferred it to be much longer not to see you, Ciel."

"As sarcastic as ever, aren't you?" Ciel sighed knowing how the other had a deep grudge against her for suddenly disappearing in college and destroying their plans. The tamer smiled and asked, "Are you still mad against me for leaving without any notice?"

"Not really~", the informant stretched her words and those close to her would know that she did not mean any of the words she said. Anastascia Choi exhaled as she slumped on the couch relaxing and with a haughty manner she asked, "So, you disappeared to join the mist?"

Hyunsuk let out a sigh as he watched his sister's haughty posture and immediately gave up on letting correcting the manners and attitude of his sister. He knows that it will only stoke the ire of his already irritable sister. 

Anastascia Choi had once respected Ciel Lee as both a friend and as a rival during their college years as the only geniuses and mystiques in their batch who had taken advancement exams to enter college ahead of time and graduate early. 

They were supposed to train one more year together before deciding to join a clan. Although at the time, Ciel had already expressed that she had already a clan waiting for her and was thinking of inviting the Choi siblings to join them if she got the approval. 

But, the tamer suddenly disappeared in the midst of the mystique war almost ten years ago, and the next thing they knew her name was announced as one of the core members of the top-ranking mystique clan in the world. 

Ciel offered a sad smile as she explained, "You got the order wrong, An. I was already a member of the mist long before we met. My mother side's of the family had been a clan that had long served the Kazamas. I was part of the mist before I was named and conceived to this world."

Hyunsuk and Anastascia stared at the baby-faced woman who was calmly staring at them like an old friend while telling them a piece of information that most mystique guilds would die for. She continued, "Ten years ago, I was summoned back by the main clan to aide Mashiho and Noa-sama in that war to rescue the priestess."

The Choi siblings went silent at the explanation as they knew what happened during the last mystique war and the massacre at the Rosen mansion. The Fenrir silently stared at them and smiled as she pointed to the younger Choi and noted, "She smells like Kei-nii."