Capitulum Otto

Jeongwoo stood stiffly in the center of a sanctuary - there was no other word to describe the aesthetically healing room aside from this - and gawked at the clean white walls and large mirror windows that show a surreal sight beyond it. He looked up and wondered just how high the ceiling goes up to. It was higher than the slabs. He breathed as he saw the hospital bed in the center of the room and all the monitors monitoring the status of the most important and powerful ability holder in the mystique society. 

"Would you be able to help him?" asked the renowned tamer standing behind him silently. He stared at the sleeping figure with wires attached to his body lay motionlessly on the bright white sheets as if he was only sleeping peacefully. It took a moment for his eyes to diagnose the state of the primo. But, before he could answer, two towering men walked inside the room from who knows where with a grim expression on their faces. 

One was the youngest ranker and the man who stormed inside their office earlier, the otto, and the other is a Japanese man wearing an aura that is far more dense and frightening than the other. He need not guess too much to know that he is facing, Kazama Noa - the leader of the mist. 

As the renowned and feared mystiques marched towards him with a face out for blood, Jeongwoo had to take a few staggering steps back as the intimidation and energy almost ate him alive. Luckily, he was calm enough to gather his demeanour and not embarrass himself by his flight or fight reaction. 

The healer inhaled sharply as he met Noa's sharp and intense gaze. He noticed the pleading look hidden behind the tough and strong persona and remembered that the man who is at the doorstep of death, the primo who reaps soul, is but another precious brother for the two men staring at him with hopeful eyes. 

The otto bit his lips and apologized, "I am sorry that we fetched you in such method but it is an emergency. My brother, he -"

The way that the hoarse deep voice of the usually confident and sarcastic otto broke as he tried to held himself back from sobbing somehow made Jeongwoo's heart hurt in pain. It was as if looking at Junghwan crying in despair and hopelessness - it was almost too familiar. It was as if his deepest scars were pricked to open again. It was numbing and heart-wrenching because he knew how the pain travels from the heart to every fibre of your being. That pain that he felt over and over before he and Junghwan were discovered was too familiar for him - the pain of losing someone so important.

The eldest of the brother stepped in cutting his youngest brother off and asked in a tone almost begging, "Park Jeongwoo-ssi, would you be able to save my brother with your ability?"

Jeongwoo almost choked at the tone. He does not know about the mist and its members more than what most mystique users know. However, at this particular moment, the healer knew that for these two men, the primo,  whom the society feared like the plague and revered like a god, was no more than a brother who is on the verge of death - an important and irreplaceable person in their lives. 

The healer bit his lips and trembled lightly. He had already fully diagnosed the condition of the primo and had concluded that it is possible for him to be able to restore and revive the state of the death god with his abilities. However, the problem was with him. He gathered his courage and deeply exhaled a breath. Park Jeongwoo was an overthinker perhaps because of the large responsibility that Junghwan's parents have left to him but, he also knew that the best answer for sincere and desperate men was honesty. And, honest was he. He stared straight into the eyes of the oldest of the brothers and replied, "I can."

He gulped as he continued, "However, I would not be able to fully heal him with my current level. The primo's body and ability are in a sense of turmoil. Whereas the body is crumbling down, the ability is taking over him from the inside corroding most of his organs. The only thing keeping him alive is the constant healing applied in him."