Chapter 1

Lilac's POV:

I pressed my bus card to the scanner, and slowly walked up the stairs of the double decker bus. I saved my best friend, Amy, a seat next to me. She has long, blond hair and hazel eyes, whereas I have boring brown hair with blue eyes. After 5 minutes of waiting, Amy walked up the stairs of the bus and sat next to me.

"Hey Lilac, do you mind if I sit next to the window?"

"Not at all," I replied with a smile as I slid out of my seat and let Amy sit down. "Listen, I know you don't want to talk about it, but just so you know I'm always here for you."

"I appreciate it, and I'll tell you everything once I'm ready," replied Amy with a sad smile. Just under a month ago, she got kidnapped and put into work in a Human Trafficking business.

We travelled in silence as we neared our stop. Just as I was about to push the bell for our stop, Amy froze in horror as 5 men in black outfits and masks as white as snow got on board. She grabbed my arm as they slowly looked around, then spotted Amy.

"Lilac! You see those men in masks?" she hissed. "I saw them down there! In... in that place..." Amy's voice was shaking, and her face had gone pale.

"Don't worry, I won't let them take you again," I replied with a hint of fear in my voice. I couldn't help it. Those men looked scary, in their own psychotic way. They walked towards us and the closer they got, the more I could make out their features. Including something underneath their leather jackets, pressing against their thighs. Oh my God they have guns.
One of the men whose mask was splattered with red (probably blood) pulled out his black gun, causing the people on the bus to scream.

"Move it." He said, pointing the barrel towards Amy. Amy moved to get up, but I pressed my hand firmly onto her hand, and she stayed seated.

"She won't be going anywhere with you bastards," I growled at them, but they only howled with laughter.

"Now, who do we have here?" The man with the gun said playfully, grabbing my chin. I slapped his hand away.

"Feisty!" One of the men from the back chuckled.

"How pleased do you think the boss would be if we brought another back for him?" The man with the gun questioned a guy standing next to him, who looked a bit young to be involved with these criminals. He looked like he was mine and Amy's age.

"A lot," he replied bluntly, staring down at his feet as if he was ashamed of what he was doing. Which he should be.

"Come on," the man with the gun said, grabbing me and putting me over his shoulder.

"PUT ME DOWN YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed, punching him with all the energy I had, which wasn't a lot since it was 8:20 in the morning and I hadn't had breakfast.

"Knock her out," the man holding me instructed to the younger boy, who took out a syringe. The needle pierced my skin, making me wince slightly. I kept kicking my feet, hoping against hope that he will put me down.

As my vision starts to darken, my limbs go numb. Was I still struggling? I couldn't feel my legs or arms as I welcomed myself into the arms of unconsciousness.

Amy's POV:

I was sitting there, watching the man debating whether or not they should take Lilac, as if she where a piece of merchandise. Which, I suppose to them, we were. When they knocked out Lilac, everybody turned their attention to me. I could hear police sirens in the distance, hoping they were coming here. I begged and pleaded them not do this, looking around for some help, but everybody had left the bus. I was all alone, so they took me too. I struggled, but ended up being knocked out too.

***

I finally woke up, to feel the familiar cold metal chains against my wrists and bumps coming from underneath me from holes in the road. I was back in the van that was transferring me to the Human Trafficking Base, the place where all my nightmares were set.