Chapter 14

Amy's POV:

I stared down at the dress Kyle gave me.

I took off my clothes and put on the dress

I took off my clothes and put on the dress. Then, the door and Lilac walked in. She was also wearing a dress for the party.

 She was also wearing a dress for the party

"Woah..." we say in unison.

"You look great!" Lilac says.

"So do you!" I reply.

"Let's go."

***

We walk over to the couch in the middle of the room where Abby is sitting, one hand on the armrest and other holding a glass of wine.

"...and then, I start laughing whilst holding the bloody knife over his dead body!" She says to a woman and man next to her.

"Oh, Amy!" She exclaims brightly as we walk over. "I don't think you've met my darling sister Sophia, and her husband Fredrick," she says, gesturing to the pair next to her. Sofia has black, curly hair cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall with brown eyes, and Fredrick is an Asian man with black spiky hair like a hedgehog, also with brown eyes. "And Lilac..." Abby says with less excitement, as if she only registered her appearance now. "I honestly didn't think you'd show up. Especially in that." Abby looks over Lilac, a look of disgust on her face.

"Could say the same thing about you, you don't wear jealousy very well." Lilac retorts.

"Please, I'm much more skilled and beautiful than you." Abby stands up, showing her full outfit.

" Abby stands up, showing her full outfit

"Wow, that dress looks perfect-"

"I know," Abby, with a fake smile, examining her nails.

"Perfect for your funeral." Lilac says with a serious face. The people around us all 'whoop' with excitement, and start chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'

"Come on Lilac, she's not worth it..." I mutter.

"Listen to your friend Lilac. You wouldn't want to get hurt." She snickers. Then adds under her breath, "pussy." Lilac finally frees herself from my grip, walks up to Abby and slaps her. The sound echoes through the room, and people stop their conversations to see what's going on.

"Oh, you've done it now." Abby hissed, holding the side of her cheek. She lunges at Lilac, who dodges her attack. Abby falls to the ground, probably from the amount of wine she's had. Lilac swiftly pins her arm behind her back, and whispers into her ear.

"You still think I'm a pussy?"

"No..." She trails off.

"You have no idea what I've been through, so don't try to insult me," Abby just nods, and Lilac stands up.

"Let's go," is all she says to me before walking out of the room.

***

Lilac's POV:

I sit on Amy's bed, sipping some champagne she brought from downstairs.

"To Abby and Kyle! May they be bastards together!" I say, refilling my glass for the 5th time that night.

"Okay Lilac, maybe you should lay off the alcohol for now..." She says, reaching for my glass.

"I'm fine!" I yell at her, although my head was feeling a bit heavy. Just then, Kate walked in.

"Lilac, Kyle is drunk and looking for you. He's very angry," she says. As if on cue, Kyle yelled from downstairs 'LILAC! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?' But his voice was a bit slurred at the end.

"Shit shit shit shit shiiiiiiiiiiit..." Lilac started pacing up and down the room. "I have to hide!" She whisper shouted as heavy footsteps started walking up the stairs.

I pointed to the wardrobe as Kyle's voice was getting nearer. She nods, and sits in it. I close the doors just as Kyle walks in.

"Where is Lilac?" He growls, using the wall to help him stand.

"Haven't seen her since we left the party," I automatically lie.

"Well, if y-you..." He holds his stomach in pain. "If you... you s-s-see he-" He cut himself off by running out of the room. Me and Kate look at each other questioningly, but just then the sound of vomiting comes from the bathroom.

Lilac's POV:

I sit in the small wardrobe as I hear Kyle's footsteps walk away and the sound of vomiting. The buzz of the alcohol had run out, and now I felt afraid and cold. I tentatively open the door of the wardrobe a bit and look around for Kyle, but he was nowhere to be seen. I sigh in relief, and hop out.

***

The next morning at breakfast, Kyle and Abby walk in together, one grumpier than the other.

"Give me some water. I have a massive headache." He groans, siting down. I look at him and Abby curiously, wondering if they remember the events of the previous night.

"What?" He spits, looking at me. "Did I do something embarrassing last night?"

"No no no... not at all," me and Amy say. Thank God he doesn't remember.