Chapter 3

I watched with hate as the mysterious man handed over an envelope of money. He had thick, black hair combed back and cold, silver eyes. After the man who brought me down here counted the money, he walked over to me and took off my chains. As soon as my ankle chains were off, I kicked him in the stomach and ran like I never have before towards the exit.

My P.E teacher would be proud.

I opened the door and looked around me. After spotting a green symbol for the fire exit door on my right, I tried to open it. Locked. Shit. Behind me I could hear people yelling for security, so I had no other choice but to continue running down the hall. I tried every single door that I met, but none had an exit. I eventually got a fire extinguisher and broke a window, careful not to hurt myself on any sharp pieces of glass. After climbing out, I ran forwards, not caring where I was going, just away from that horrible place. I could hear thundering footsteps behind me, indicating I was being followed, but I didn't have the courage to turn around.

"Boss said he wants her unharmed! Don't shoot!" Someone yelled. Thanks.

I spotted a green fence that surrounded the whole building, but I didn't care, I'd climb it if I had to. It was only after I saw the sign "ELECTRIC FENCE. STEP BACK. DANGER OF DEATH" that I fell to the ground, defeated. I wouldn't put it past these psycho's to have an actual electric fence. I felt two people grab my arms and drag me back to the house, but I didn't care. There was no escape from this hell-hole.

The people who were dragging me suddenly stopped in front of someone, and I looked up. It was the man who bought me. Great.

"Leave her." He barked, and the two.  men heaved me upright and scattered. The man smiled down at me with a sadistic grin, then commanded me to follow him. I decided that I should, because I might find a weapon or phone. After walking 4 flights of stairs, he led me to the 3rd room on the left. The room had flickering lights, green walls with peeling paint and 2 out of 4 walls were full of shelves with torture equipment. In the centre of the room was a tall rack, something which would hold clothes, but instead there where chains attached to it. The man walked to one of the shelves and took a red leather collar. He put it on my neck and then took off the chains on my wrists.

"The collar on your neck can conduct electricity, and send painful electric shocks down your whole body. Don't anger me, or you'll experience that first hand," he growled, and my heart skipped a beat. He wasn't going to punish me for trying to escape? The thought came with a sliver of hope.

"However, I still need to punish you for your miserable attempt at escaping." Spoke too soon.

The man grabbed my arm and led me over to the rack. He attached my wrists to the chains, so I wasn't touching the ground, then started to take off my school uniform until I was just wearing my bra and pants. What the hell is this pedo going to do to me? He got a whip from a shelf on the right and started to whip me on my back. I screamed in agony, and twisted and turned in the chains throughout the 20 times he whipped me. I was breathing heavily, tears blurring my vision and threatening to spill. He got a mini remote from his pocket and pushed a button on it. Many volts of electricity were sent down my spine, and I screamed. I screamed and screamed until it was over. I could feel my brown hair still buzzing with electricity as he continued to whip me, this time on my front, his eyes sparkling with happiness as my screams filled the air.

Amy's POV:

Lilac didn't come back to our room that night. I kept thinking of the worst case scenarios of what had happened to her. Rape. Torture. Death. I tried to stay calm, but it was hard when I could hear the screams of women coming from down the corridor. Somehow, I fell into a light, sweaty sleep, to be awoken by a loud thump as something hit the ground. I sat up straight and looked at the ground, where Lilac was lying with scars on her back. I rushed towards her and helped her get up, then put her down on her bed.

"Oh my God Lilac, what happened?" I asked, dabbing at her wounds with a wet cloth. She told me all about the bidding, her attempted escape, the collar and the torture.

"He left me on those chains for the night, then this morning got someone to take me back here," she croaked, and I hugged her.

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't of rejected police protection, it's just with most of the people in jail, I didn't think they'd come after me..." I trailed off, tears threatening my eyes. "Here, have some water." I gave her a plastic cup, and she gladly accepted it.

"Amy, how did you get away the first time?" Lilac asked.

"It wasn't easy. When I was cleaning, I found some car keys in a drawer. I took them, and hid them in my pocket. That night, I faked vomiting in my room and called for help. When a man unlocked the door, I knocked him out with a piece of metal I found. After taking his gun and locking him inside my room, I found an exit and went to the main parking lot. I found the car and started driving. I took down the front gate and sped away into town." I sighed, then added, "although now they won't leave car keys lying around. I'm sorry, I don't know what to do." I started crying, because this whole situation was terrible. Because of me, Lilac was down here. Because of me, she got tortured. Because of me, we might never get out.