Chapter 16

Amy's POV:

I hold Daggers body close to my chest.

"Please, no..." I whisper in defeat as her skin slowly starts to grow colder. Her eyes are looking up into the sky, not focused on anything. I gently close them, and stand up. Kyle will not get away with the murder of so many innocents. I determinedly make my way towards a broken window and climb through, welcoming the pain from the cuts. As I walk into the living room, I see Kyle aiming a gun at Lilac with Abby holding her arms behind her back. Most of the room is on fire.

"Any last words?" He hisses.

"Yes, FUCK YOU!" I yell and run to him. He looks momentarily confused, and I seize my chance. I push him into the fire.

"No!" Abby screams, running up to us. "You bitch!" She growls at me. "How could you!" Abby starts crying, her mascara running down her cheeks.

"Lilac!" I ignore Abby's weeping, and turn my attention towards her. "I thought you said you wouldn't come!" I hug her tightly.

"I couldn't miss the action," she says as she pulls away from me. "Let's get out of here."

"Ok, but what about Abb-" I start, turning around to find Abby gone.

"Where the hell is she?" I yell.

"Amy, we have to get out now." Lilac says as pieces of the ceiling start collapsing.

"Ok," I say, coughing. We go to the window, but a piece of burning furniture is separating us from it.

"Oh God!" Lilac shouts as more ceiling collapses around us. I cough some more, my body not taking the carbon dioxide well. Soon, black stars cover my vision and I fall unconscious.

***

Lilac's POV:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"When do you think she'll wake up?"

"She'll be ok, don't worry."

"Anything new?"

I open my eyes to see white all around me. I blink a few times, adjusting to the light. I hear people talking and shouting.

"Nurse, she's awake!" Someone shouts. I fully open my eyes to see my parents.

"Mum..." I whisper hoarsely. "Dad..."

"It's ok sweetie, your going to be ok." My dad says, kissing my forehead.

"Where am I?"

"Your in the hospital." My mum says, hugging me tightly.

"W-what happened? Is Amy ok? What happened to Kyle? And Abby? And-" I'm cut off as two men walk in. One I don't recognise, but the other I do. It was Daniel.

"Good afternoon, is it ok if we question your daughter about what happened?" The one I don't recognise asks my parents.

"Of course Detective," my dad says.

"Detective?" I ask.

"Yes, my name is Detective Hunter and this is my partner, Detective Martin." He says.

"Oh I know fully well who he is," I spit at Daniel.

"What do you mean?" Detective Hunter asks. So I tell him how he abused me and Amy.

"Right, I'm going to need your badge and gun Daniel." He says bluntly.

"Wh-what? Surely you don't believe this little girl? I mean, she lost a lot of oxygen." Daniel reasons.

"I can prove it. He gave me a tattoo with his name." I smirk at Daniel's shocked face.

"You bitch! I should've killed you when I had the chance!" He steps forwards and yells in my face. However, Hunter takes out some handcuffs and cuffs his hands behind his back.

"Wh-what! No! You can't arrest me! I'm an officer of the law!" He shouts.

"Whatever you say buddy." Hunter says, and gets another police office to take him out.

"I will be back! You haven't seen the last of me!" Daniel shouts from the hallway.

"I'm sorry about that. Please, continue."

***

"I'm so happy they caught Abby." Amy says as we finish our ice creams.

"I'm more happy that our parents are giving us an endless supply of ice cream." I joke. Amy laughs, not a fake laugh. A real laugh I hadn't heard in a long time. She catches my blank face and frowns.

"Your not serious, are you?" She asks.

"No, of course not. I was just thinking." I assure her.

"About what?" Amy presses.

"That we're going to be ok."