Chapter 13

Lilac's POV:

I groaned in pain as I lay in my ugly bed in my ugly room. I had spent 2 days recovering, although Kyle refused to give me any pain killers.

'Maybe now you'll learn to behave,' he had said. My body ached from head to toe, and the cream I was using for my burns barely worked.

"Hey," someone said. I screamed.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked the black haired girl.

"I have a plan to escape."

***

"I'm in."

***

Amy's POV:

The next morning, Kyle had a surprise for us.

"We have two new members of our gang, Abby and Kate!" He announced at breakfast. Abby had brown hair with blond highlights and hazel eyes, and she looked about 20, whereas Kate had brown, curly hair with brown eyes, and was looking down at the floor nervously.

"Oh my gosh Kyle, thanks so much for finally accepting me in!" Abby squealed with delight.

"Anything for you, darling." He said and leaned forwards to kiss her. She immediately moved her hands behind his neck, until Kyle finally removed his lips from hers.

"I'll see you all later," he grinned, and gave Abby a wink before leaving.

"'Sup bitches," she said, finally noticing us. "Waddya do for fun 'round here?"

"Well we don't date old bastards like you," Lilac said, which caused Abby to glare at her.

"Don't talk about my boyfriend like that," she snapped, then turned her attention to me.

"Sweetie, you could really use a makeover," Abby smiled, and started pulling my arm upstairs.

"Uhh..." I looked around for some help from Lilac, but she was too busy trying to stifle her laughter. I sigh in defeat, and follow Abby upstairs.

Lilac's POV:

I grin as Abby drags Amy out of the room, and look over to Dagger.

"Do you know why that Abby bitch only joined now?" I ask. "Since she's together with Kyle, why only now?"

"Well, I don't know exactly, but before he didn't want to let her join because he didn't want her to get hurt." She shrugs, and goes back to eating her porridge.

"I heard that she saved his life." Kate says, sitting down next to me.

"Who would save his life? It's not worth saving." Kate shrugs, then looks at me questioningly.

"Why are you here? I mean, you obviously don't like Kyle, so are you here of your own free will? Or not?"

"Well, I got kidnapped, then bought, but then the guy who bought me sold me to Kyle, so here I am, yay..." I say sarcastically. "What about you?"

"In America, Kyle adopted me. But then he trained me to become an assassin." She shrugs, as if it was no big deal.

"But do you want to be here?" Her face shows a bit of sadness, but just for a second before she sighs.

"Honestly, no. But I have nowhere else to go." We sit in silence for a while after someone brought Kate some food, until Amy came back. Her usual curly hair was straight, she had red lips and black eyeshadow with a little mascara. Abby had added some blush to her cheeks, which made her cheekbones more pronounced.

"Is it that bad?" She asked after a few seconds of silence.

"It's great!" I say, a little shocked.

"Well, if any of you need me to do your makeup for the party, let me know." Abby says.

"What party?" Amy asks.

"Sweetie, didn't you know? There's going to be a party tonight to celebrate the fact that I'm an official member of the gang!" She grins.

"And mine?" Kate asks.

"Yeah, that's what I said.." Abby sighs, and struts out of the room.

Yesterday...

Abby's POV:

"I don't understand why I can't join!" I yelled at Kyle.

"It's for your own damn good! Why can't you understand that?" He yelled back. We had been arguing like this for 10 minutes, what turned out to be a pleasant journey through the forest ended in a argument. Again.

"I can take care of myself-" I was cut off when a knife was thrown at Kyle. My reflexes kicked in, and I grabbed the hilt of it inches away from Kyle. "And I can apparently take care of you too!" I spat, throwing the knife on the ground and pulling out my gun. In the corner of my eye I saw someone running in between the trees. I immediately turned around and pulled the trigger. "I'll be ok, if I can save your life, I'll be able to look after myself too! Please Kyle..." I begged, gripping his shirt tightly.

"God, I can't let you have so much power over me..." He looks into my pleading eyes and sighs. "Fine. I'll announce it tomorrow."

"Yay! Thank you so much! You won't regret it." I assure him.

"I know I won't." He says, and starts kissing me.