07

"Thanks for buying me ice cream Chan hyung." Jeongin said as they walked outside of the shop and sat on the benches in front. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay you back?"

"Pay me back by doing well on your final tomorrow." Chan smiled and winked.

"T-that's a lot to ask for." Jeongin blushed. "Jheez, I'm getting all flustered over a wink." He thought, hoping that the pink on his cheeks will go away soon.

"Don't worry, just don't forgot everything I taught you." Chan replied. "You'll do fine."

Jeongin smiled at the older's words of encouragement. He really hopes he does do well.

The two of them continued to just talk about whatever topic of conversation that came up.

Jeongin enjoyed doing this, talking to Chan about things other than math and getting to know him to him as a person, not just his tutor.

"You gonna eat all that?" Jeongin asked and looked at the bowl of ice cream in the older's hands then at him again.

"What? You want some?" Chan laughed.

Jeongin nodded and leaned closer to him. He had finished his own a long time ago and has been wanting to try the older's ever since.

Chan sighed then took a spoonful and held it up to Jeongin's mouth.

"Here~~" Chan smiled.

Jeongin happily ate the spoonful Chan fed him.

"Thanks Channie." The younger giggled.

"Holy shit." Chan looked away from Jeongin and put his hand over his mouth in shock. Two things took him off guard, the cute nickname, and the adorable giggle that made Jeongin look like he had sparkles around him.

"Am I hallucinating...?" The older mumbled.

"Huh?" Jeongin questions.

Chan turned around and looks back at Jeongin who is looking at him in confusion.

"Oh- uh nothing."

"Alright then..." Jeongin replied, he heard what he said, and he really wants to know what the hell made him say that.

"Hey, do you want the rest of this?" Chan asked handing the younger his ice cream, trying to change the conversation quickly.

"Do I want the rest?" Jeongin questioned. "Of course I want the rest!" He said happily taking it from the older's hands, the sparkles around him appeared again.

"I am going insane." Chan sighed.

"Why are you sighing so loud? What's wrong?" Jeongin questioned. "Is it because I took your ice cream? You didn't have to give it to me, here." He said offering to give it back. Jeongin didn't want the older to feel obligated to give him the rest.

"No, Jeongin it's okay." He replied.

The younger was about to say something else, but was interrupted by Chan's phone ringing.

He pulls it out and reads the contact.

dongmin

Jeongin felt sad when he read the contact name.

It felt like everything was going well, he completely forgot about the boyfriend. Dongmin calling was just a reminder.

Jeongin watched as Chan just stared at the screen and let it ring.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" The younger asked.

Chan stayed quiet. The call stopped and the screen illuminated with a notification

missed call from dongmin
text message
dongmin; babe where are you?
weren't you supposed to be done like an hour ago?!

He turned off the ringer of his phone and put it back in his pocket.

"Aren't you going to reply to that?" Jeongin asked as he finished the bowl of ice cream.

"You ask a lot of questions." Chan laughed. "Don't worry about it." He ruffled the younger's hair.

Chan wasn't so sure why he didn't answer Dongmin's calls or texts. He didn't really feel like replying to him.

Or talking to him.

Or seeing him.

At all.

Jeongin on the other hand, smiled and internally cheered because today, he was chosen over the boyfriend.

~~

sorry this took so long to update hhh