Older Brother Figure

13.04.2019

Yoon Residence

"Jeonghan! Hannie!"
A female voice called out to the boy. His Mother was calling for him.

"I am here Mother!" Jeonghan calls out from inside the Barn. He had been cuddled up to a baby sheep for almost a few Hours now, reading and taking naps with it. The empty milk bottle kicked away into a Corner of the Barn.

"You are in here again? Shouldn't you be getting ready to go out with your Father by now?" His Mother asks him, arms crossed above her chest, head tilted to side in a questioning way. He has the beauty of his Mother for sure.

"Your little Sister is waiting for you." She reminds him and Jeonghan jumps up to his feet, scooping up the baby sheep into his arms and walking past his Mother, who was looking back at him with a raised eyebrow. "What are you going to do with the Sheep?" She walks beside him.

"I am going to take her with me to the Castle grounds." He simply answers, the sheep looking up at him.

"Why would you do that?" His mother opens the door of the House for him to step into. The smell of freshly baked cookies in the air, making his mouth water. "What do you plan on doing with her? Sell her off?" Jeonghan turns to look at her, his face showing shock.

"I could never sell her off. She'll be eaten as soon as she gets into the hands of another man." Jeonghan sets her down, the sheep immediately curling up for a nap on the carpeted floor. "She is my pet. My friend and she will stay with me." He says and quickly calls out for his Sister.

"I raised you well, I see." His Mother pats him on the back, smiling at his words. His kindness is something she had always adored in him. Everytime there was a newborn animal, Jeonghan would be there to either help raise it or just simply raise it himself. He also always took care of his younger Sister when the Parent's weren't avaiable. He was God's gift for them. An Angel even so.

"Mother, why does the King want me to come to the Castle ground's though? Did I do something wrong?" Jeonghan looks up from his seat at his Mothers eyes.

"No, Hannie. Since your Father is a very loyal Knight and our Family had always been Knight's, the King want's you to step into your Father's footsteps. He wants you to be the right handman of the Prince. We Yoon's had always been next to a King. Never betrayed them, always loyal to every Generation. You as the only Son of this Household should continue this on, but remember, no one is forcing you to do it. You can always decline." His Mother told him and Jeonghan nods his head.

He and the Prince interacted with each other before. He looked at him as a little brother, one he always wanted but never got. Not that he doesn't love his Sister, it's just he also wanted another Sibling. Yet he never got one. So he took Seokmin in as his little borther and the both of them go well together.

The Prince would sometimes send letters or invites to him. Jeonghan of course answers every single one of them with another letter or a visit at the Castle.

It had been a while though. Around 2 years maybe since he last visited the Castle, he had been too busy with his studies.

He wanted to make his Parents proud, he did succeeded, yet he thought it wasn't enough and maybe becomming a Knight would fix it. He had to continue the tradition eventhough his Parent's wouldn't mind him not doing so.

Or maybe it's just those time's he missed with his unbiological brother. The little bittersweet moments, the memories. He longed for them, he longed to see his friend and brother again.

"I will become a Knight, Mother. I have decided."

****

EEEEEXTREMELY short update lol
I havent been updating and yall can blame me for that cuz my dumbass forgot my password hehehehehhee .... damn

BYEEE WORLD it was nice while it lasted. Thanks Lord for giving me a Goldfish memory 😔 sikes