Baby Cousin

13.05.2019

In the Woods

Vernon looks around him, he had lost another Horse inside the Woods; yet again.

This wasn't the first time he had accidentally knot the string too loosely and the Horse had managed to free itself from its place. A shocked and panicking Vernon running after it into the near by woods. He knew he shouldn't even be in here without an Adult but he was way too embarrassed and scared to go look for one right now. All he could think of was to get the Horse back before anyone else noticed that the only white Horse was gone, with it the young boy.

"I can't believe I did it again. Out of all days, today at that too." He sighed, a hand ruffling up his dark hair before he looks for any traces if the beautiful Animal.

He was way too young - Mothers words - to be handling a full grown Horse which was triple the size he was. Hell, he couldn't even get up on the Horse by himself, let alone ride it like a normal Person would. He was still too young and too inexperienced with the Animal to know how to but he should have know how to knot a tight knot at least. Not that hard, apparently for Vernon it was.

He didn't know for how long he had been in the woods now, all he could think of was to get the Horse back before he was grounded by his Mother again for letting another one flee. One which was extremely expensive at that. "How hard is it to find a freaking white Horse in the dark woods?" apparently very hard.

He searched high, he searched low. He searched on the hills and he caves he usually was a little too scared to go in yet, he also noticed that the sun was settling now and he had to hurry.

He was told that the Woods at night were too dangerous for anyone to be in.

He came across a river side, his exhaustion visibly shown now. The young boy was hungry and tired but he wasn't giving up just yet. He was too stubborn to give up the search for the Animal.

His feet dragged him towards the river, going up the stream and he squinted his eyes, seeing white from afar and immediately knew it was the Horse but it wasn't alone. He could make out a few figures, which he assumed were Human, next to the Horse.

He slowly approached them, his sense of danger was not kicking in, so he at least knew they weren't dangerous to him.

"Hey! Is this your Horse?" A familiar voice asked, a Voice he hadn't heard in a long time. Sir Williams voice to be exact.

The Knight had three other Kinghts with him and to hise surprise, the Prince too.

Seokmin looked up from where he was crouching and a big grin spread over his face, realizing who the Knights were talking to. "Vernonie, I missed you!" He walked over to his Cousin and hugged the boy, almost crushing him in the hug.

"Hyung, what are you guys doing here?" Vernon asks as soon as he was released from the tight hug. "Shouldn't you be in the Castle?" He had the most confused look on his face now, his Cousin patting his hair in response.

"We came out to look at the Borders. Father had been feeling ill all day so I was going instead of him." The older boy sighed. "There had been reports of loop holes and attacks on Civilians a few days ago. The Magicians have to fix the Barriers yet again."

Vernon nods his head, trying to let everything sink in. "I hope there aren't so many Loop Holes though, Father had been stressing out about them lately. We try to keep this side of the Barrier in contact but he said that it was getting harder to do so. Seems like the something wants to get in, desperately." the younger one scratches his neck, taking the leash from the Horse out of one of the Knights hands." I should probably get back home now. Its getting awfully late now and you should too, Mother told me to stay away from the Woods when night comes. You should too." He gave his Cousin a side hug, bidding him goodbye before marching off to his House with the Horse.

He thought that Seokmin would be going back to the Castle but he didn't thought that they were all following him to his House untill Sir, Williams took the leash out of his hand and lifted the boy up onto the horse with ease. Vernon's heart almost leaped out of his chest at that moment but did not say anything about it.

He could clearly hear Seokmin laughing at his shocked Face.

"We were planning to take a rest at your place for the night, Vernonie." Seokmin run up to catch up to him, walkimg beside the Horse and looking up at Vernon with a fond smile. "I haven't seen you in a while and the Castle is too far away to be there before night comes."

Vernon was happy to hear that his Cousin was visiting him after so long. The last time he had spend with Vernon was when Vernon had his 7th Birthday party and that was the last time he had spend time with the Prince before he got chosen to train to be a future Knight. Their training schedule was tight, they would occasionally see each other on the training grounds but they could only exchange smiles with each other before they had to go train again in different areas.

"It's great having you over again. I really missed you, hyung. I have so much to show you now." The boy giggled and Seokmin smiled up at the boy, already anticipating what he was about to see in the younger ones Room.

"I can't wait to see, Nonie."

****

Uffffffff, freaking fracking hell. I finally updated omg.

YAAAAAS i hope you enjoyed it even though it was short.

Vernon and his Horses I tell you. His speciality in this Story should be losing Horses lol

By the way... i wrote it at 10am without sleep because I was reading fic all night long, fml, goodnight to me for now lol

Anyways, byeee