Quiet Child

21.05.2019

Castle Grounds

Jeon Wonwoo, a child which had always lived in the Castle alongside with the Prince.

They both knew each other ever since they were little, being playmates and growing up with each other. Wonwoo being his supposed to be Secretary. Seokmin never seen him as such but a good older brother even though the Prince could get a little bit too loud at times.

They were seen going to the study room and the library with each other, sometimes the older one would accompany the younger one out to the garden to watch him play around, making sure that he wouldn't do anything stupid or get himself hurt, which wasn't such a rare event to happen. Wonwoo would usually sit under the big old oak tree and read a book or two there, sometimes glancing up to make sure that the Prince was still fine.

"Wonwoo hyung! I caught a Ladybug!" Seokmin ran up to him, his eyes sparkled with excitement and his hands enclosed on each other.

Wonwoo perked up to the mention of his name being called. His hands setting the book he was currently reading on, down on the blanket. He motioned for the younger one to take off his shoes before he could plop down on the blanket beside him.

"Look." Seokmins voice barely above a whisper. His hands opening up to show the older the bug he had caught. His eyes darting from the bug to the elder, anticipating a reaction from Wonwoo.

The tall lanky boy smiled at him, his hand patting the younger ones head with adoration. "Good job but wouldn't it be better to let it go again?" He looks at the bug, unmoving from its protective state.

Seokmin pouts but obeys. The young boy stood up and raised his hand into the air, the sun hitting the bug before it flew off into the distance.

" Don't be sad. You can catch another one in a matter of time but I don't think you should keep them. They are wild animals afterall." Wonwoo stood up, straightening to his height with a stretch, his clothes slightly wrinkled up. "Maybe someday you'll be able to catch a Dragon or a Phoenix even."

Seokmin turns around with a huge grin. "You have a lot of trust in me don't you." The older boy nods, gathering his books from off the ground and making his way back inside the Castle, right behind him the Prince.

"Of course I have a lot of trust in you. You are the future of this Kingdom and you are also my friend." Wonwoo sighs as soon as he felt the young boy engulfing him into a backhug, his head pressed against the taller boys back, a happy hum emitting from him.

" Did I ever tell you that I really like you?" Seokmin was still clinging onto him, they continued to walk into the study room, occasionally greeting the maids and Knights which they had walked by, giggling at the state the two boys were in. Wonwoo was already used to the prince's skinship tendencies.

He pushed the two heavy doors open for them to step in. He stopped at the edge of the maroon table which had papers and books stacked ontop of it, dropping his books on the free space inbetween the mess.

"What would I do without you." He heard Seokmin sigh as soon as the boy sat down in his seat, his eyes scanning the papers he had left unattended.

"I don't know. Instead of leaving ink splatters on every single paper you do, try to lessen the pressure you are putting into writing and focus more on writing what you have to write. We can focus on the beauty later." He motiones for Seokmin to continue his studies.

Seokmin had a tendency to write a lot of unnecessary information onto his study papers, sometimes even scribbling on them so that it would look like he had done something. His fingers would push the pen a little bit too heavily onto the pen, causing the pen to let out ink splatters here and there which made Seokmin frustrated because he had to write everything neatly again.

"Why do I have to write so much?" Seokmin whines, his hands clutching his head in despair.

"Its only been 10 Minutes and you are already whining. Imagine the amount of work your father has to do every single day and he barely complains." Wonwoo taps the pen he had in his hand on the younger ones head.

"Yeah but Father only complains when Mother is around. This is why Mother rarely visits him when he is working." Wonwoo lets out a slight laugh, he nodded his head in agreemed. Seokmin was a similar case though. Whenever his Mother or Wonwoo was around, he would start whining and complaining so that he could the attention he wanted. He mostly whined out for Wonwoo when the older was not around him, complained around Wonwoo when the boy made him do his papers and clinged onto him when they had break times.

Wonwoo saw him more of a clingy Koala than a young Prince. A cute Koala at that.

Wonwoo's father had the same job as him. Being the King's Secretary, left hand man and long - term friend of the Royal House. His Family was well known for its loyalty and friendship with the Kings. His great grandfather even sacrificed himself for the King back then. He wondered if he would be able to do that too but he didn't wanted to think about those possibilities just yet.

The Prince had Knights in training for him, they were ment to protect him with their lives and sacrifice each other for his safety, including him.

"You have the same characteristics as your Father. I like that about you. I find it very cute." He compliments the Prince and Seokmin grinned up at him, a smile which was lightening up the dark study room and his lonely heart.

He wouldn't mind sacrificing himself if it meant to save this smile.

***

Help to the help - o.
I dunno what to write at the moment. I feel like its getting more and more boring and uuuuugh where is my inspiration?!

I hope you enjoyed it though and if you have tips please comment them. I really like comments but yall never leave some - _ - K, I see ya silent readers lol bye