Picture This... (Backstage Concert)

Sigh, you was backstage at the sign of the times concert. Prince had just hired a woman named cat as his dancer. You just happened to be friends with cat. Because of this you got to be at rehearsals . Cat was a very talented dancer, you were a dancer as well, matter of fact that's how you met her, in a dance class. Cat auditioned to be a dancer in his band, you would have too except you was going through a divorce and not only that you and your husband was in the process of adopting a little girl that you now had to adopt on your own.

You watched as cat was dancing. She was amazing. But your true focus was her boss. They had great chemistry together as they stare each other down. This wasn't the first time you seen this chemistry. You had a flashback to the LoveSexy tour  . When they was all over each other.

 When they was all over each other

You wondered if something was going on between the two. The thought crossed your mind and somehow you didn't like the idea at all. You watched as they did slow love, they eyes watching each other, yours watching him. You felt yourself become hot as he performed the song. Oh great , this is not the time to feel lust for your friend's boss, but dang is this performance hot. The song ends and he looks at cat but then at you in the corner .

 The song ends and he looks at cat but then at you in the corner

You quickly hide your emotions, he smirks. Then you see them do hot thing, the part with him going between her legs and grabbing her skirt off, 

 Then you see them do hot thing, the part with him going between her legs and grabbing her skirt off, 

again had you hot. Why couldn't it be you , you thought.but what took the cake was the performance of if I was your girlfriend. The things they did on that heart, cat's legs around him. 

That's it you couldn't take it, you head back to the dressing room. A little later cat comes in " Hey why you leave early?" she asked." I wasn't feeling well, but I'am better now"

Cat's eye brow lifts. Just then prince comes in. You couldn't face him. " I'll call you later" you say leaving quickly. As you leave you hear prince say " Was It something I did?", and cat say " Can we talk?" Great they probably going hook up you thought. You went home to your daughter, you tuck her in, reminding her to say her prayers. Your about to close the door when she says " Mommy?". " Yes honey", you say turning around." I already prayed and asked for something" she says in a sweet little voice. " What's that honey?" you asked.

"That God sends you someone" she says. You hold back the tears and then kiss her on the forehead. " Goodnight baby" you say. " Goodnight" she says. The next day cat calls you and asks you to come to rehearsal . After dropping your daughter off at school  you arrive. Your surprised to see cat in a leg cast. " Oh no, what happen ?" you ask. " Twisted my ankle while rehearsing " she says. "Well who's going fill in?" you ask. Cat's look tells you the answer. " Wait, cat I can't ... just then Prince comes in. " Y/ N do you think you can learn the routines?" he asks you.

You slowly nod your head yes. " Great, everybody that's it for the day I'll see you all tommorow " he says to the other people . Cat and everybody leaves, but he gently grabs your hand. " Let's practice the moves" he says in a deep voice that has your mind going other places. You did well with the routines. Then y'all get to If I was your girlfriend .  It felt a little too real, " Relax" he says. You do and the rest goes smoothly. The two of you practices for a couple of days until  it was time for the show. You was nervous , but Prince assured you that you had it down pack.

The night was amazing, you didn't miss a beat and Prince smiled at you like he was proud of you. Then came time for the If I was your girlfriend performance. You looked at the heart, took a deep inhale  and took your spot as a shirtless prince stood in front of you. His hands rubbing your legs as the heart goes down. Once out of sight of the audience you thought that was it , but was surprise when he gently holds your hands down and his lips crash on yours. Your in shock , but then kiss back. When he pulls back your beyond confused. " I thought you and cat..." you trail off. Prince laughs " There is nothing but performance between me and cat, your the one I had my eyes on.

" But, when cat heals and come back..." you say again trailing off. Again Prince laughs, " Cat's ankle is fine, I just needed a way to get to you" he says.