Part 2

If life is a fairytale, I would be Goldilocks inside The Three Bears'  house

            If life is a fairytale, I would be Goldilocks inside The Three Bears'  house. The second home is more of a cottage, reminiscent of a childhood story. The white lights that reflect against the wood drawn walls of the interior create golden luster. The brilliance resembling quality ski lodges at Vermont.

            Despite the lavish and pristine gesture that the living room gives off, it is obvious that it was, at one time, the focal point of one's family chaos. The Bear family remnants are so evident that I can still hear the thudding of tiny footsteps on the floor, children dashing into the kitchen for some cookies. One doesn't even need a supernatural vision to figure out the obvious cover-up of a completed portrait. Foresay, if I peel off two layers of the quick-dry paint from each wall, its truest colors would appear. Doodles and doodles of stars, cars, and rocket ships from permanent marker by the Bear cubs when they were only 3-years-old. No matter how much Mama Bear tried to scrub their artwork off with soap, it stubbornly remained as its own self-made artifact.

            Papa Bear's scent blended with another delicacy in the house. Rather being by his wife's side in the morning as she busied herself with flipping pancakes, he would slouch over on his recliner in the salon. As he looked over the newspaper that would be sprawled over his lap, the vanilla-scented cologne that he would wear would merge within the tobacco leaves he chewed. The smell had long wafted throughout the room and had become one of its long-awaited memories, sort of like its missing puzzle.

            The Bear family is long gone, departing the home as soon as the cubs left for college. Despite the distance of several years that have gone by, I wonder if the children will still remember each and every scent of each and every adventure. Assuming that they are halfway through their university years, the journey of adulthood has already started for them, tipping and tumbling down their inevitable paths and soon, a home of their own.