Part 5

Towers remind me of dreams

            As did the high-rise residential area I visit next. Things that are tall and celestial like my father or the sky are the things I often look up to or aspire to be. Like dreams, they are intangible in the beginning yet worth it in the long-run of experiences.

            Because the building was completed recently, the apartment is brand new. No one had lived or experienced their existence here before me. The scent of the freshly-painted walls is evident and the tiles that were put out on the floor are now smooth and spotless. The interior of every room is set out like an extravagant show created by highly-praised architects while I am to play the role of a critic. I don't know if I'm doing a good job of it though.

            Stepping out into the balcony, I realize that the fencing is transparent. The glass structure acts as if it can either make a person or a break a person. On the other hand, it is a pleasure for all the risk takers out there. Staring out of its infinite opening, I can almost see the world beyond the city.

            In terms of architectural business, most professionals aim for the connection between structure and different kinds of people. The most ambitious, motivated minds—the ones who dream with their eyes open—are known for favoring skyscrapers and glass balconies. Tall buildings represent achievement; the sky's the limit yet one's success aims to surpass it. On the other hand, the most heartfelt, humanistic minds—the ones rooting for virtuous nature—are known for considering smaller facilities; where everything, even the ground, is manifested to touch.

            Regardless of what preferences suit a person and what don't, the specialty of owning a home is that it is easily adjustable. While architects, engineers, and construction workers work together to create the design of a lifetime, the people that are willing to buy those designs have the power to change what's within it.