♕⋆. 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 ₊˚.༄

♕⋆. NEW ! ₊˚.༄
────── 〔♕〕──────

༄────── 〔♕〕──────

ヾ('・ ・`。)ノ"

IT'S BEEN TWELVE YEARS SINCE KAIUS BEEN AWAY FROM HIS FAMILY. The thing is he doesn't really remember them as all his life he's been told that it was a nightmare, but every now and then he would have a dream about his big brother who was now forgotten. He doesn't remember much about that night or the following days after, but what he knows is that Illyrio has been taking care of him since then. He wasn't completely alone either because he made a new friend who made being here a little bit better. From what she, Daenerys, has told him about what had happened with her family and how they ended up here. Ever since then they've been two peas in a pod, going everywhere together and just always being near one another.

When Kaius heard the news that Daenerys was getting married, his heart broke a little because then they couldn't go on the adventures they promised. When the two of them were about ten years old the two of them made a promise to see the world when it was better, and maybe after that, they could get married. It seemed realistic to two ten-year-olds at the time, but as they grew older the more the dream seemed unrealistic. Now with his best friend getting married, he didn't know how much things were going to change.

It was early in the morning when Kaius decided to sit on the beach listening to peaceful sounds of the waves. Ever since he was little, the sound of the ocean really comforted him, especially when he couldn't sleep. When he couldn't, listening to the waves that were coming from the balcony seemed to calm his mind down. Today it was a little different because he couldn't just calm down so he went to the beach to relax. Sometimes he would have good dreams but most of the time they were bad. It just they seemed so real and vivid that he didn't know what to believe anymore, and those were the nights he wouldn't sleep very good.

He stayed there for a while until the sun was fully raised, and someone calling out to him. Kaius stood up, dusting the sand off of him before smiling at the person calling him. It was one of the handmaidens, who looked exhausted from having to travel this far to come and fetch him. He kinda felt bad that she had to travel all the way here when he was about to come back himself, and get ready for the meeting that was happening this afternoon.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but m'lady has asked for you."

Ah, so that's why she was sent come fetch him. He honestly thought it was something horrible had happened, or he was in trouble. In all the years he's been here he has gotten in trouble once, for stealing an apple from the stand because he really wanted one. He wanted one because in a dream he had, someone was getting an apple for him and he was eating it. Apple always seemed to pop up somewhere in his dreams, trees of them too, and he's standing in the middle lost within the orchard.

"Thank you." Kaius bowed his head a little before walking away.

While walking through the garden, every person he saw he greeted with a simple hello and small bow. He was taught that from lord and ladies alike you should always greet them with a hello, and it "shows respect". He found that a little weird but to save him the trouble, he went with the flow. No questions asked. He knew better than to ask them anyway.

Kaius finally made it to his destination, after being asked many times concerning today and who was visiting. From what he heard, Illyrio had helped Viserys get the Dothraki to come to the mansion to meet the new soon to be Khaleesi. It was kinda cool to be honest because this was his chance to learn a new language, but at the same time, he's heard the rumors. How ruthless they can be and he's terrified to be face to face with them, and even though he's not marrying any of them, that still doesn't mean he wasn't scared. He was scared for himself and his best friend.

Walking into the room, Kaius walked up to the bathtub that was humongous for no apparent reason and took off his shoes, rolled up his pant legs. He usually sat at the edge of the tub so he could put his feet into the water and either read or talk about anything really. One time they talked about what star is the best star, and it turned into a heated debate. He was going to miss having these types of moments, and they really had some good ones growing up.

"I was looking for you this morning. I'm assuming you went to the beach to listen to the ocean and read."

"Yeah," Kaius nodded his head with a small smile adorning his face. "I couldn't sleep last night and I needed to clear my mind."

"You know, someday it's going get better. Try cuddling something, I've heard that's the best way for someone to get a goods night rest."

He took a mental note before smiling again. He's been dying to ask this question because everything is just happening so fast, and he hasn't had time to talk to Daenerys for the last couple of days. It's been hectic with everyone was busy with preparing for random things, the workers working, and so on.

"So, how are you feeling about today? I mean it's not every day you're told "hey, you're getting married to so and so because it's for me and my need for an army. Thank you have a nice day."

They both burst into laughter and it lasted for a couple of minutes before it turned serious again. They both had that element wherein a time of sadness, anger, fear, or anxious they could always make each other laugh. It was their way of cheering each other up along with a couple of hugs here and there.

"I don't know, Kai. What if he doesn't like me, and I've failed my brother. What if it's not as I imagined it would be."

Kaius frowned at Daenerys' worries and scooted closer to her. She shouldn't have to worry about what her brother thinks, and she should only worry about her well-being. The world is a cruel place and when you involve yourself with other people, you are either playing the game with life or death. There was no in between. Sometimes being a common nobody seemed to be the better option to Kaius because then he had no one to worry about besides himself.

"Hey, look on the bright side, you two might fall in love. Yes, the beginning of it will be tough, but as you get to know each other maybe it won't be so bad. If this is truly what you want then go for it, not for anyone else, only worry about you."

There was a brief silence among them. The only sound was the bathwater and the birds outside, and it was pretty calming to listen to. Kaius didn't realize he had his eyes clothes until a hand wrapped around his and squeezed it in a comforting way.

"Sometimes I wish I was marrying you instead. You'll always be with me, right? No matter what?"

"Always. No matter what."

He placed a kiss on top of her head before leaving the room to go get ready. He meant what he said, no matter what obstacle they have to face. Together they will overcome the horrors of the world, and maybe the world could be a little better than what it is.

Always he'll be there whether it was physically or spiritually, no matter what and that was a promise he'll never never be able to break.

────── 〔♕〕──────

Wow, I'm updating a lot. I usually don't do this, and I'm trying to make sure I don't make mistakes because I spotted a lot of them in the early chapters 🗿

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment on what you thought about the chapter.