Chapter Two

Just like Alvin had wanted, Max did leave him alone for the rest of the day. Even if the young scientist tried, he couldn't find that snowboarder anywhere. It was as if he had vanished from the face of Earth and even though that really made one of Alvin's secret fantasies come true, he doubted that he really wanted his best bro to disappear.

Apparently my boyfriend now. Alvin reminded himself in his mind.

The thought itself brought some nose-scrunching business into the picture. It wasn't as if it disgusted him... okay, maybe it did, slightly. But how could he not? He never looked at Max as anyone less than a friend and occasionally a brother. So, to think that he was somehow in this type of relationship with Max Asher didn't settle well for him.

Max's reasoning of why he wanted to try dating a boy with Alvin certainly didn't make any sense what so ever to the young scientist. Alvin stared at his homework from on his bed, tapping his pencil slowly on the book as he sighed. It was almost eight and Max wasn't even around during dinnertime. Maybe he was snowboarding or something, something that people like him did. Alvin shook those thoughts from his mind as he looked back at his homework before writing down the answers.

Just then, the room door opened, walked in was Max, the person Alvin had thought of just a few minutes ago. Alvin looked at him as he noticed that Max had come into the room, covered with slight traces of snow on his snowboarding suit. Well, he went snowboarding after all, Alvin mused again as he watched Max walking to his bed and taking off his goggle and hat before zipping out from the thick jacket. He placed the snowboard next to his bed.

"Hey, Shred," he grinned as he looked at Alvin.

"Hey," he said, before he looked back at his homework. Realisation dawned him after a few seconds, this was the time to tell Max that he didn't want this! Snapping his gaze at Max, he noticed how Max was smiling as he read something over his phone. Sighing, he said, "Max?"

Max looked away from his phone, looking at Alvin with that same smile on. "Yeah, bro?"

The words were at the tip of his tongue. He could already feel it. It was just some simple words that even Max could understand. But when he looked at his best friend in the eyes, the huge grin plastered on his face, Alvin suddenly couldn't do it. He couldn't see that heavy disappointment in his friend's eyes. Maybe, maybe Max even forgot about it. "Have you had your dinner yet?"

Max chuckled before he nodded, "Yeah, just ate before coming home."

"I see," Alvin said before he sighed and looked back at his homework. There was no use in fighting this thing anymore. He knew he couldn't disappoint Max, even though he didn't like this thing between them. Maybe Max will get bored of this and just decide to forget about it. Alvin decided that it would likely be Max's move and so, went ahead and forced that thought far away from his mind.

"So, how's your day, Shred?" Max asked as Alvin looked up from his homework again, noticing that Max had sat down on his bed and looking at him, that grin was now morphed into a smile. His eyes twinkled with genuine interest, something that Alvin had learned that Max valued their friendship sincerely since the beginning of it all.

"It was fine, thank you," Alvin said. "What about yours? Had fun gliding down the snow and getting cold white stuff everywhere?"

Max chuckled, knowing full well that Alvin disliked that sport. Maybe not disliked, but more of he couldn't understand why snowboarding was a sport. It was just using those boards to glide down snow, occasionally making tricks and spins until someone broke an arm or a few bones. "It was actually fun, bro. I managed to nail a trick and it was sweet!" Max beamed up as Alvin smiled at his boyfriend's glee.

"Ah, interesting," Alvin said, not really sounding psyched out like Max was. He finally looked back at his homework, trying to finish up the last pieces of this solution so it would be complete.

That was all said between those two as the night became staller. Alvin finally decided to head to bed, trying to just keep all those thoughts out from bugging him any longer. It was just Max. Max just wanted to try what it would be like to date a boy, he wouldn't do weird things. He said it himself, Alvin convinced himself before he placed his glasses at the table near his bed. "Night, Max," he said as Max nodded at him as he settled himself into his bed as well.

"Night, Shred."