Chapter Twelve

It had been almost a week since Alvin's weird feelings started up. It had also been a week since Alvin had woken up side by side with Max. That memory still made Alvin feel strange inside but it no longer felt uncomfortable. He had just came back home from school, deciding to grab something to drink and relax for an hour before heading to his workplace. In this entire week, Max hadn't changed or done anything weirder than that day.

Still, Max took this dating thing seriously. Alvin was being treated as someone important in Max's life, always listened to and always respected. Sure, before this, Alvin knew that he was still important to Max. But now, it was as if he was the first priority in Max's list, besides Max's priorities to the snow, of course. And soon, Alvin found himself liking it, this attention of being someone important to Max.

There weren't any more attempts on dates but Max was more attached to Alvin despite the protests that the young scientist was fine being left alone for a few hours with his experiments. He didn't need Max's attention all the time.

Walking into the living room, he took off his bag and placed it on the couch. He stopped for a moment and listened, realising that there wasn't anybody in the house. Alvin shrugged before he walked to the kitchen, heading straight to the refrigerator and opened the door. Bending slightly, he looked inside before grabbing a bottle of chilled mineral water. Closing the door, he walked to the cup rack and took out a glass before he poured the water in it.

Drinking the water, he noted that he was likely alone downstairs. He knew Max wasn't around or else he would've been eating something in the kitchen and his mom must have gone out somewhere. Abby was still in school having to finish up last-minute assignments and his dad was at work. Looking at his wrist watch, he still had forty minutes before he had to leave for work.

He could go and check up on his experiments, he mused on in his mind but after a few minutes of pondering, he realized it would be best if he turned up at work early. Maybe he could finish up his shift early if he started early. With that, he washed his cup and screwed closed the mineral bottle before carrying it to the living room. Grabbing his bag along the way, he walked out of the front door, closing the door behind him.

Once he made it to the Yogurt Yeti, he didn't hesitate to walk in, immediately greeted by the coldness and tanginess of frozen yogurt swishing through the air. He shuddered momentarily before he walked over to where Ms. Carpenter was, talking in her irritated demeanor to one of his coworkers. After letting her know that he was present, he quickly walked to the back of the shop to his changing room and changed into the shop's uniform. Placing his bag near his locker, he straightened his clothes and walked out, starting his shift early.

Attending customers to their fro-yo needs, Alvin was occupied for a moment that he didn't realise Max had walked into the shop, grinning wide when he spotted his best bro. "Shred!" Max exclaimed as he walked near Alvin, who had finished placing two toppings for one of the customers and sending them off with a smile. The youngest Ackerman looked at the snowboarder and raised his eyebrows even though a smile was carved on his face.

"Max," Alvin said before he returned to his toppings and arranged the containers neatly.

"Busy?" Max asked as he stood in front of Alvin. The young scientist looked at Max and looked around the place, taking note that there weren't any new customers at the moment.

"Well, I am working, Max," Alvin said as a matter-of-factly. Max just grinned even wider, his teeth were showing and for a moment, Alvin felt the weird feeling coiling up around his heart and squeezing it tight. Blinking a few times, the young scientist looked away and cleared his throat, frowning mentally as to why he was feeling like this more frequently.