Epilogue

"Max," Alvin sighed as he grabbed the X-ray sunglasses from his grip. "I told you, these aren't—"

"But they're so cool!" Max exclaimed as he stood next to Alvin and looked down on what he was working with. "When can I try them on?"

"Max!" Alvin said, irritated as he ripped off the goggles from his eyes. He placed his things on the table and glared at the snowboarder from the corner of his eyes. "I am trying to work."

Max pouted as he ran his fingers through his shaggy hair. "Come on, Shred. You've been at this for half the day! When will it be our time?"

"Max," Alvin hissed out, his cheeks reddening at the implications. Even if it had been three months since then, Alvin still felt fairly new to all of this. Max was just too blunt for his own taste. The snowboarder simply sighed as Alvin looked back at his table and started recalculating everything.

After a few minutes of silence, Alvin finally got back into his zone, forgetting that Max was ever there. Just as he was about to tweak the wire, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and clutched him against Max's chest tight. Alvin immediately tried to struggle out from the grip, only to realize it was futile in the end.

"Max. What are you doing?" Alvin demanded as he adjusted his glasses and tried to keep his blush in check. His heart was thundering against his chest and his mind was growing blank. Max sighed and laid his head on Alvin's right shoulder.

"Go on, man," Max said. "I'll just hold you like this."

"Max," Alvin threatened.

"Shred," he said back. Though, Alvin didn't really have venom in his tone or actions as he tried to struggle away once more. "Come on, Shred. Please?"

Finally, Alvin gave up and sighed. Fine, whatever, Alvin muttered in his mind as he licked his lips and went back to his work. However, it was pointless trying to focus on his work when he had Max breathing down his neck—literally. The warmth against his back was also comfortable and he suddenly found himself much less interested in his work. He finally slammed his things on the desk and turned around in Max's arms.

"Hey," Max said with a grin when he realized the young scientist wasn't going to work anymore.

"What do you want, Max?" Alvin asked as he crossed his arms against his chest.

Max simply shrugged. "You."

Alvin's mind froze at the words before he sputtered out an unintelligible response. "What? Max, you can't just—"

Max grinned wide before he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's waist tighter, dragging him close to the snowboarder until they were flushed at every angle. His face was now inches away from Alvin's and the young scientist knew what he was trying to do. He didn't protest though because secretly, he had begun to enjoy kissing Max. He got better along the way and somehow, it was relaxing to kiss him.

Max didn't have to ask as Alvin rolled his eyes behind his glasses. Max's right hand left his waist before he reached the glasses. "I don't think we need this," he said as he took them away from Alvin's face and placed it on the table behind them. The youngest Ackerman wanted to protest when the clear image of Max's face became blurry. "Just relax. I'm here."