Chapter Four

"What's up, bro?" Max asked as Alvin sighed and looked at him. "You have that frown on your face."

"Wendy Chong," Alvin said simply as Max nodded understandingly. "She's just so infuriating and obnoxious."

"Well, don't worry, Shred," Max said as he grinned at him. "You always won against her, remember?" he said as he nudged him on his arm as Alvin sighed. The young scientist closed the locker door before he leaned against it and looked at Max. "I mean, you got that platinum lab coat that Wendy didn't, you got into the school's nerd quiz that Wendy didn't, and you invented more cool stuff that Wendy didn't! Shred, you're way better than Wendy Chong."

Alvin couldn't help but to smile at Max's attempt to console him. He laughed a bit before nodding, feeling his confidence burning again inside of him. "Yeah, I'm better than her," Alvin said as Max nodded.

"Yeah, bro," he said before the school bell rung out. "Oh, class time. I'll see you later, Shred." With that, Max winked at him and walked away at the halls, running to get to his class, leaving Alvin there smiling. Max always tried his best to make Alvin feel better. Somehow, since Max had come into his life, the snowboarder had tried everything in his power to make Alvin feel special. He never excluded Alvin out of anything and even when they fought, he was the first one to make things better again.

Sometimes, it was indeed Alvin's fault like that lucky snowboard he replicated. But at the end, nothing was ruined because by the end of the day, they had that annoying bro hug that fixed everything. Even though the young scientist hated physical contact, somehow with Max, it gave out an exception. Shaking his head slightly to remove those thoughts from clouding his mind any longer, Alvin sighed loudly and made way to his class.

By the time recess had rolled in, Alvin was half-way done with school. He was exhausted somehow, after all with Wendy Chong in Biology, things were already hard. His hair was a mess and his glasses were slightly off from his nose. In other words, he was a complete chaos. "Woah, what happened to you?" Abby asked as she saw her little brother slamming the locker shut, sighing tiredly as he banged his head against it. Alvin looked at her and smiled.

"Biology," he said as he remembered what had gone down in that class. It turned out Wendy had created a device that could ensure life in the dead by exerting enough electric pulse in muscles. Alvin had disagreed with that invention since it didn't give life, in fact, it just gave movements to a corpse. However, Wendy didn't like to be told she was wrong and he should've known that from the beginning before the war broke out and the teacher was trying to get them away so they wouldn't scratch each other anymore.

Abby just nodded, even though she didn't get what was going on and from the looks of it, Alvin didn't want to tell her either. "So, anyway, aren't you going to get anything to eat?" she asked as Alvin shrugged.

"I'll eat with Max," he said as Abby nodded and messed up Alvin's hair, letting her fingers to go through each strand before her little brother scowled.

"That sounds nice," she said. "I'll see you at home then." With that, Alvin waved her goodbye as he walked away from his locker, trying to look for Max so they could get something to eat. It took him a few minutes before he found Max, leaning against his locker talking to someone. Alvin quickly turned around, deciding that maybe it was bad timing before their conversation struck into his mind.

"I really like you, Max," a girl said as Alvin froze in his steps. He stopped moving and he felt like he was intruding someone's private talk even though this was just Max handling another one of his fans. "Please go out with me," the girl continued, her voice sounded sincere. Alvin fixed his glasses as he tried to take another step forward.