Chapter Fifteen

It was weird. Alvin couldn't get rid of Max's words from his mind. The words, he had never seen it coming? No. And now all of a sudden Max actually liked him that way? It was too much.

Max had gone out right after, leaving Alvin to deduce a conclusion. The young scientist honestly didn't know what to do with this. He needed more time, he needed more convincing to actually agree to this.

Sure, he wanted Max the way Max wanted him, but for a relationship to take place?

What would happen if they realized they weren't better together like that?

Would their friendship suffer?

It would, certainly. Alvin sighed, wondering what to do with this.

Wait, of course he knew. The answer was obvious. It was as clear as day. He just didn't think this would happen. Max wanted to date him for real.

He took in a deep breath before he groaned out loud. He was confused inside. So they were really dating? And Alvin had pushed him away. He felt like an idiot now, but more of, he felt insecure. He needed to know where he stood with Max, he needed to know if this was going to be real.

He wanted it to be real but the prospect of it was so scary that Alvin stopped thinking for a moment.

He needed help. He needed to talk to someone so he could get his thoughts ordered and straight. Alvin bit his inner cheek as he realised that there was only one person he could go and talk about this to. He mentally noted that today was one of the worst days of his life... no, slash that, it was one of the most embarrassing and confusing days of his life.

With that, Alvin moved to the door. He just hoped she would be able to help instead of freaking out.

Alvin stood in front of her room as he counted down in his head. He was nervous inside and probably scared as well when he realized that he would be telling his sister of all people about his problem. There were so many possibilities on how she was going to react to this. One of them could be that she would rejoice and help him with his problems. The other, not so much.

Alvin refused to believe that his sister would be anything less than supporting, but then again, this was his sister, this was Abby. He knew all of her dark sides as well and he hoped this wouldn't trigger any of that. He took in a deep breath as he balled his fingers into a fist and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" the muffled voice from the other side had Alvin opening the door.

Abby was on her bed, reading something when Alvin had walked into her room. He closed the door behind him and looked at her. The youngest Ackerman licked his lips nervously as she looked up from her book. "Hey, Alvin," she said with a bright smile.

"Hey, Abby," Alvin said as he lingered at the door. She closed her book and placed it next to her when she saw the look of distress on her brother's face.

"So, do you need something?" she asked. Alvin shuffled on his feet a few times before he took in a deep breath. He looked at his sister in the eyes. He phrased the words in his head before running them a few times in his mind. He wanted to make sure he delivers the point to her and at the same time, it wouldn't be too much for her to register.

After a few seconds of silence, Alvin nodded. "I need your help with something."

Abby immediately sat up straighter, her eyes searched Alvin's face before a frown marked on her lips. "Sure, what is it?"

"It's about Max," Alvin said as he took a cautious step forward. For a minute, Abby went still before she seemed to get something and huffed out a breath, a smile stretching on her lips.