Chapter Nine

A/N: The date. 😉

🎿

When Alvin had finally gotten home, he was surprised to see Max was already in the kitchen, drinking his apple juice while he leaned against the counter. Alvin slowly approached Max cautiously before he said, "Hey, Max."

Max looked at him and grinned before finishing up his apple juice. "Hey, Shred," he said. Alvin didn't really see Max at school after they bid their goodbyes. Something about Max had to finish his extra credit work had made Alvin think he would be late coming back home. So, when school was over, Alvin was ready to leave alone when his Biology teacher asked him to stay back for a few minutes. It turned out he needed Alvin's help on some questions.

But the young scientist didn't really expect Max to be home by the time he did. He really thought Max would be home late. "You're home already," Alvin stated as a matter-of-factly as Max chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, finished with my extra credit work already," he said as Alvin nodded. "Alright, well, I just found this awesome movie to watch. We should watch it now, how about it?"

Alvin blinked a few times before he realised what Max was talking about. Those fluttering feelings immediately took him by surprise as Alvin looked away from Max, clearing his throat a bit. "Uh, okay."

"So, popcorns?" Max asked as Alvin shrugged helplessly.

"I don't really mind," he said. With that said, Max quickly walked to grab some popcorns and decided to heat them up. "I'll just be in our room."

"Okay, bro," he said as Alvin turned around and headed for the stairs, his heart already beginning to thump loudly against his chest. Once reaching their room, Alvin felt the uneasiness settling in. He didn't know what to do, actually. Looking around the room, he spotted Max's laptop. He guessed that was where they were going to watch the movie from. He awkwardly shuffled on his feet for a few seconds before he sighed and plopped onto his bed, trying to get comfy. It was useless to try and dodge this now, wasn't it?

It didn't take long for Max to walk into the room, carrying a big bowl of popcorn and a disc he had rented. "Right," Max started before he walked where Alvin was and handed him the bowl of popcorns. Alvin gingerly took the bowl and looked at it for a moment. He didn't say anything but instead, he took a few pieces of the popcorn and shoved it into his mouth. He was more nervous than he had thought. Max just chuckled before he looked around his room to find his laptop. Once spotting it, he quickly went and grabbed it before he looked at Alvin. "Scoot over, bro."

Alvin did exactly that, scooting over until he was at least a few centimetres away from the middle. Max plopped next to him, causing Alvin to tighten his grip around the bowl. "Watch it, Max. Mom would get angry if she finds out we're eating in our room," Alvin chided gently as Max grinned at him.

"Relax," Max said coolly before he turned on his laptop. "Nobody's home. It's just you and me." Alvin felt a lump forming in his throat and the nervousness creeping into him once more. He didn't say anything else after that and just gave out a curt nod before Max proceeded to play the movie. "Oh, gotta turn off the lights."

"It's alright," Alvin quickly said. "We can watch it even if there's light." Alvin really didn't want to be plunged into darkness and to have Max sitting next to him so close. It didn't settle well for the young genius. It almost felt like he was the girl. He felt a short shudders running down his spine as he shook the thoughts out from his mind.