Chapter 4 ~ New Member

Pulling up I get out I grab my shift bag and walk into the house. Making a beeline straight to the locker room trying to stay out of sight for now. I quickly get changed and sit down tying my laces on my boots. As I start to walk out of the locker room and towards my office Severide catches up with me. I keep walking into my office but he follows me.

"You didn't come to Molly's last night." He said to me.

"Wasn't in the mood," I replied coldly

"You ok man? I tried calling you last night but you didn't answer or text me back." He asked me.

Letting out a big sigh showing I really didn't want to be having this conversation I replied with "I'm fine just needed some time alone."

"You sure your alright man?" Severide asked trying to get more answers.

"YES!!!" I snapped looking at him and quickly looking back at my paperwork. I hear Severide walkout closing my door behind. I quickly get up and closing the blinds so nobody could see me.

After spending about 30 minutes on paperwork and not really achieving anything I decided to venture into the common room to get some coffee. Sitting down at the head of the table with my coffee and a newspaper. After a couple of people asking if I'm ok I had to tell everyone.

"OK everyone I need to say something. Just to let you know so I don't have to repeat myself a hundred times over I'm fine and no I will not tell you what is going on and yes there is a reason I was not at Molly's last night and again no I will not be discussing it right not. I also realise you guys are going to be saying this a lot yes I know you guys are all here for me and thank you so if you will excuse me, I'm going to go and do some paperwork." I say standing up and walking out of the common room and to my office.

Walking in I sit down and try to get some paperwork done. After about another 30 minutes Connie walks in telling me Chief Boden wanted to see me. Sighing I get up and walk into his office followed by Severide and Herrmann. As I walked in I saw a girl sitting there her ashy blue hair catching my eye. And as she turned around, I caught a glimpse of her blue and green eyes which were stunning.

She turned back around and they talked for a bit. I didn't catch much of the conversation there was so much on my mind right now. I was brought out of my bubble hearing my name.

"You will be on Truck 81. You will serve under Captain Casey." Boden said.

"Casey will also show you around," he told her.

Great all I wanted to do was sit in my office alone. But now I have to show her around.

"Dismissed." He said and with that, we all walked out.

Brooklyn walked out and licked up all of herthings. To help out I picked up her kit bag and SCBA and off I walked. I showedher the turnout room and put her things in there. The common room, the lockerroom, the bunk room and the apparatus floor. I then excused myself and wentback to my office.