Chapter 7 ~ Morning Briefing

Brooklyn POV

Got to say I was pissed. I know I disobeyed Casey's orders but I had to do what I could to keep her calm or we would have had a worse situation. I did feel bad but I did what I had to do. As I got out the truck I pulled off my turnout coat and hung it up leaving my turnout pants on and walk into the firehouse. I walk straight to Casey's office and close the door.

Casey's POV

After getting out and taking off my gear I walk straight into the house an into my office waiting for Brooklyn. I then hear her boots on the ground and she walks in closing the door. She stands there looking pissed off.

"you ignored my orders," I told her.

"I didn't ignore them I did what I had to do," she replied.

"what were my orders?"

"you would of – "

"WHAT WERE MY ORDERS?" I asked cutting her off.

"Watch and do as you say and don't do anything." She replies.

"GOOD it's NICE TO KNOW YOU WERE LISTENING BUT WHAT DID YOU DO YOU IGNORED MY ORDERS. THIS WAS YOUR FIRST CANN. WHAT IF THERE WERE OF THER CHIEFS FROM OTHER HOUSES THERE OR PEOPLE FROM HEADQUATERS.?" I yelled.

"I DON'T KNOW BUT THERE WERENT SO WHAT'S THE BIG PROBLEM?" she yelled back.

"IT'S THE FACTS THAT YOU DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS. DO YOU WANT ME TO KEEP TREATING YOU LIKE A CANDIDATE?" I asked her.

"NO.," she said back quickly.

"THEN OPEN BOTH YOUR EYES AND EARS AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD AND YOU WILL NOT BE TREATED LIKE ONE," I told her my blood boiling. And with that, she walked out.

Then Boden's voice came over the intercom.

"All personnel to the briefing room."

And with that, I walked out of my office and to the briefing room. Walking in I walk to the back and stand next to Severide along the back wall. I look over and see the back of Brooklyn's head her blue hair sparkling in the sunlight which made it look amazing. Chief Boden then walked in and started the meeting.