Chapter 9 ~ Confronting Times

Casey's POV

After getting through another 24-hr shift, I decided to go home and take a shower. Packing everything I need into my shift back I shut my locker and put the lock on spinning it a bit to make sure it's locked. I then sling my bag over my shoulder and walk out say goodbye to everyone. Lucky for me Brooklyn was not in the locker room. I passed her on the way out completely ignoring her. I unlock my truck and throw my bag in before getting in and driving off to my apartment. Pulling up in front of my apartment complex I get out of my truck grabbing my bag and swiping my key card over the sensor to unlock to the door. I then make my way up the stairs and to my apartment. I walk in and drop my bag at the door before dropping my keys on the table at the door and noticing divorce papers, signed with Gabby's signature and both her engagement ring and wedding band sitting there. She then walks out of the room that once used to be our bedroom caring what looked to be her last bag. she looked down at her watch and back up at me.

"I must have lost track of time I didn't want you to be here whilst I did this. I was just getting all of my clothes. And other things. You can keep the rest. I signed the divorce papers. My rings are there to you bought them so it's only fair I give them back. You can keep yours although I see you already have taken it off." She says looking and my left hand.

"I don't wear it on shift, but yes I took it off thy day you left and it stayed perimetry off when you were not willing to give this marriage a go," I told her.

"Look I don't want to make this any harder. Can you just sign the papers and give them to the court? I don't have enough time my flight leaves in 4 hours. I just want to say thank you for the past few years. You loved me as nobody has ever loved me. Goodbye Matt"

And with that, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door never to be seen again. I quickly got into the shower and washed up and then got changed before going to Molly's. As I went out the door, I signed the divorce papers and left them there thinking I will deal with them tomorrow. I then jumped into my truck and went to Molly's

Pulling up I turned off my truck and walked across the street. Walking in Herrmann notices me a grabbed me a beer. There were not many people here yet so I sat at the bar thinking about what had just happened.