Chapter 18 ~ AfterMath

Casey's POV

Seeing Brooklyn with her niece made me smile. I knew she would be a great mother one day. I could then hear sobbing. Both from Brooklyn and Lucy.

"Hey, why don't you two go and sit in the truck. I will talk to Boden and see if Lucy can come back to the house for a bit and I will talk to the principal." I said to her.

She gave a slight nod and looked at Lucy.

"Do You want to go and see the truck. It will be nice and quiet you can tell me about your outfit." She told her earning a nettle nod from her.

She turned around and mouthed another thank you to me. She then walked away. I didn't move until they were both in the truck. I then turned around and talked to Boden.

"Hey chief, ahh look Ziva's niece was inside and she is really scared. She is in the truck right now with Ziva. We can't get a hold of her mother because she is in court right now I was wondering if I cleared it with her principal if she could come back to the station for a bit until her mum can come and get her?"

"Ahh... yeah sure clear it with her principal and then she can do it." He told me

"Thanks, chief"

"No worries Casey."

I then walked off to find the principal who I knew from a construction job. After walking around for a little bit I finally find him.

"Mason," I say walking up to him

"Hey, what can I do for you Matt?" he asked me

"I have a Lucy Ziva that was trapped in the school and she is traumatized. Anyway, her aunt is with her now and I was wondering if we could take her back to the firehouse. It's just we are unable to get a hold of her mother and she is in court so it could be a while. Just wanted to clear it with you."

"Yeah, no worries everyone is going home anyway hope she gets better. Sorry I have to go nice to see you, Matt."

With that, I walked away and back to the truck giving Boden a nod along the way. I then walk up to the truck and open the door to see Lucy snuggled up on Brooklyn's lap.

"Hey I talked to the chief and to her principal and they are both ok with it. Ahh were going to pack up and head back. They said their all ok here."

She nodded with a little smile on her face. I then rounded up the rest of the truck guys and we went back to the house. By the time we got back, Lucy was asleep. I let Brooklyn use my office so Lucy could have some quiet time to sleep and Brooklyn didn't want to leave her. She looked so adorable all cuddled up with Lucy. Unfortunately, I got caught. Luckily, I just smiled at her and she smiled back.