Chapter 22 ~ The truth

Casey's POV

After breakfast, Brooklyn cleaned up the kitchen and then went up to get lucky dressed. It felt weird because Brooklyn didn't say a word to me over breakfast. I finished drinking my coffee and put it in the sink. I then went I upstairs where I saw Brooklyn helping Lucy get dressed. She looked up from what she was going and gave me a small smile before going back to what she was going. After she had done that she helped Lucy put her shoes on. She then let Lucy sit down and play for a bit. She then picked up her backpack and walked back downstairs. I followed her down wanting to know why she was ignoring me. She pulled out her lunch box and started to make her lunch.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked her trying not to you d pissed.

"I'm not ignoring you I'm just trying to get Lucy ready for school so I can get to shift." She responded still not looking at me.

Right then a light bulb went off in my head (not literally). I remembered that we had shift today. I then turn around grabbing jacket, keys, wallet and phone before walking out the door without saying anything. I threw my jacket into the passenger seat and put the key into the ignition and drove off. After pulling up I then quickly ran inside.

"Oh, where have you been?" Severide said with a smile on his face

"I stayed at Ziva's place," I replied trying to get out of the conversation. I then walked into my bedroom and pulled out another clean set of clothes to wear to the firehouse. I as soon as I pulled them out I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once I got out I got dressed before throwing the last few things into my bag before leaving. On the way out I picked up my wallet, keys and phone before walking out to my truck. I jumped into my truck and drove to the firehouse. Pulling up I walked through to the locker room to get changed. Of course, the only other person in there was Brooklyn.

I quickly got dressed and walked out not making conversation. I then walked into my office knowing I had paperwork from the last shift I had to do. Sitting down I got to work on my paperwork. I must have been so engrossed in my paperwork I didn't hear Ziva walk in. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. Turning around I didn't really want to see her. I just turned back to my paperwork ignoring her. I then heard her sit down in my bunk. I still continued to ignore her. She sat there for a bit before she said something.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asked me not sounding to happy.

"I'm not ignoring you I'm just trying to get some work done," I tell her without looking at her.

"Yes, you have. This morning didn't say anything to me." She told me

I got up and turned around to face her.

"Look if your not ready for a relationship you just have to tell me you don't have to ignore me the whole morning. I'm going to go get some coffee." I said as I turned and walked out to the common room to get some coffee. I then sat down in my normal seat and read the newspaper.

"Alright listen up everone. Foster just called in to say she is sick. Ah Ziva, you're on Ambo this shift. Is that all good with you captain?" He asked me as I looked up. I gave him a slight nod before he walked out again. I'm just glad I can get away from Ziva for a bit.

Truck 81, Ambulance 61 chest pains 2345 North West road.

With that, I got up and followed the guys to the truck before hoping in. At the same time, I turned my head to see Ziva getting into the Ambo. We then left for the scene.

"Why would they be calling truck for chest pains?" Asked Kidd.

"I don't know but just do your jobs," I told them looking out the front window.