Chapter-04

I walked around the room admiring everything. The closet was empty beside some basic outfits which consists of some night dresses and shifts. But the bathroom was designed to perfection. I was amazed with how they designed it. Not even my previous masters had this kind of luxury. A huge bath tub with various bottles aside , dominated the room while an expensive looking shower and a bath set rested above it. The whole room was sparkling white and my hands glided along everything. It was better than everything I have seen.

After the exploring , I went back into the room again. The vanity and the dresser was still new to me. After I explored them also I became bored of exploring and decided to check the huge bed. The canopy around the bed was a pestal colour. With uncertainty in my mind, I touched the bedding and was immediately awed with its sheer sleek feeling. Moments later I thought to test the bed and jumped on it. The luruxy of the bed and today's events soon made me fall sleep under the dim fairy lights.

___________________________________________

"Miss! Miss! Please wake up.. Miss!!"

I groggily opened my eyes and soon my vision was blocked by a frantic looking maid.

"Yes madame?"

For a moment the maid looked terrified. Then she looked around and whispered in a rushed sentence.

"Please do not call me that Miss.. If someone hears you , I am dead."

I was confused about what the lady was saying. But thought its best to stay silent for now.

" uhh...ok?"

"We have to hurry up Miss. The ceremony starts within an hour."

With that the maid started to dress me up. Soon I was dressed in a black dress with golden designs. I was more confused because black and gold together is prohibited to wear. Then she ushered me down a corridor to a stark white round room where I found the four aliens of the council.

"Greetings My Lords. Miss Cordelia is ready."

I was baffled for a moment. How the hell she knows my name? It was puzzle to me. I never told her.. With a nod from the Lord Griffin, the lady left. And then their focus was on me.

"Cordelia, do you know who we are?"

"You are the sacred council Your Grace."

I answered without missing a beat. Because now I knew who they are.

"That is correct. And you are the Rapier Ruby. It took us decades to find you. You are the perfectly matched life partner for us. Unfortunately there's only one Rapier Ruby once in a century. So finding a Ruby is a miracle. You are the first ruby we have ever found."

What the...

I was too stunned to speak. So I will be bonded to one of these aliens??

"I understands Your Grace. But I just want a simple life. Please select someone else. "

"That is not possible. We will conduct the Old Crypton Trials to see who will win. And the winner gets you as the life mate. "

"This is madness! I don't want any of you ugly silver snakes.."

My temper flared just thinking about that. Sacred Council or not this is my life. And the least they can do is to give me a chance. Instead of fighting for me or forcing me.

" That is where you are wrong Miss Cordelia"

The Lord of War Affairs snickered at me.

"It is called the bonded mates for reason."

The other Lord of Treasury and The Outer Council joined him.

"It is because the bonding is forced on the human."

The Supreme Lord finished the sentence.

"We don't need your permission to bond. We prefer to force it on you so that you'll know your place. And don't stare at me. I am The Lord of Logistics and Welfare. Lord Falco."

The Last Lord said. I thought the bastard was bonded. Then why he butts into this conversation.

"I thought you are bonded Your Grace.."

"Yes. And I don't wish to partake in the trials. But that doesn't mean I will not put my thoughts into this"

The old guys words were just as confusing as he is. So I thought to think about them later.

"Come on now. Its time to go for The Rapier Ceremony."

Lord Griffin stated while gesturing with his hands to me. I was guided into the middle of the room while the four lords formed a circle around me. Soon they started to chant and the whole room was cracked with lightning. Their chanting became louder and louder and soon a thundering lightning ignited the whole room. I closed my eyes thinking that these freaky aliens are trying to kill me.

______________________________________

"Open your eyes Miss Cordelia. We are here."

I slowly opened my eyes and was instantly awed by the beauty of the surrounding. Every thing held a beam of light inside them. Every plant and every flower. It seemed like where I was standing is on forest floor. But the surrounding and the fairy light above me showed that there is a ceiling like thing. Enormous pillars stood bearing it. A slight sound of an enchanting music filled my ears and soon we started to walk towards it. A huge double door greeted us with two of the alien guards. They opened the door and as soon as we walked into the room everything stopped. And my dreaming also stopped. A huge crowd was seated around in an arena like place while the terrified screaming girls were chained into posts around the hall. They were wearing red frocks. It was like I was snapped into reality. The dreamy fairy lights and the soft music all seemed to be a total pretendence. The chained girls were struggling to get free and my own feet moved towards them to help. But the four ugly alien Lords stopped me sending me snarky smirks. Just what the hell I walked into. My own mind questioned everything seeing this horrible thing. But it seemed like the surrounding crowd was enjoying it. They were shouting and drinking while enjoying this barbaric act. A true hell hole inside a fairy land. Words just died in my mouth and it just hanged open seeing this.

Now I know why not everyone but why some people tries to escape Rapier Ceremony...

_____________________________________

To be continued....