Chapter 10

Third person POV

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

As she continued to his office, she felt a dreaded feeling. Why on earth is he calling now when he should rest? When she came in front of the office and knocked.

"Come in. "

"Your Grace, why did you call me?"

"Don't you think I know what you are doing Antonella? I specifically told you to stay away from her! Why did you befriend her? Huh?"

"I am sorry Your Grace. But I didn't do it intentionally. One of the maids who is a friend of mine, asked me to help Miss Cordelia , as she wanted to know about the trials. I explained it to her. That's all. Even though I am not human, still I am the same gender as she is. I think that's why she regards me as a friend.."

"Hmm.. I should talk about this with Adal and Rhy. They probably think that you played a trick on her. Go now. But remember to keep your distance from Miss Cordelia. "

"As you wish Your Grace."

And the woman left the office room with a heavy heart while The Supreme Lord called upon a meeting with the council. It was time to clarify some things.

Cordelia's POV

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

After those dreadful trials , I had quite a good nap. When I woke up it was already close to evening and it was time to get ready for the dinner. Before my maid came, I quickly got ready and asked the guards outside to take me to the dining room. I was starving and needed a good meal. So waiting for the maids was a total no for me. As neared the dining hall I heard some growling and hissing. But when I opened the door, everything seemed to be normal. The four Lords were sitting and I saw a new face on the table. A tall girl with a slight diver hue to her body , sat next to Lord Falco. I was pleasantly surprised to see another woman on the table and as I took my seat I looked at her and smiled. But she just looked at me and turned away to Lord Falco.

"Before we start our dinner, Cordelia I would like to introduce you to Lady Amelia. She is the bonded mate of Lord Falco. And Amelia, this is Miss.Cordelia. She is the Rapier Ruby. "

It doesn't hurt to be polite so I forgot her snobby action greeted her.

"Hello Amelia it's nice to meet you.."

"It's Lady Amelia , Miss Cordelia. And yes likewise."

She shrugged at me and I was getting more and more purple with anger.

"Lady Amelia, you better respect more towards Miss Cordelia or you will have to answer to three of us. We are competing for her. So her honor is ours to protect."

The Supreme Lord spoke with a false calmness and I smirked while the snobby lady was taken back with his tone of speech. The other two Lords nodded while Lord Falco gripped the utensils in his hand , but kept quiet.

"OK if that's clarified, let's move on."

He suddenly changed his tone and stood up from his seat. Then he came towards me. With a black velvet box in his hand.

"For giving me The Ruby, in today's trials and helping me to win it, I give you this Miss Cordelia. A token of my love for you. It is made from the rarest metals on earth , Trinanium. Please allow me to put it on you."

He took out a beautiful black metal chain with a single teardrop pendant and fastened it around my neck. I just touched it speechlessly as the cool metal touched my bosom. Lady Amelia scoffed while Lord Adalwolf snored. And surprisingly Lord Ryker was silent with a grim expression. Lord Falco remained neutral. And after putting it on me, The Supreme Lord went back to his seat.

"Shall we eat now Griffin? "

The venomous snake hissed and The Supreme Lord nodded.

"Why yes Adal. We can eat now."

After that everything was forgotten to me as the servants bought plate after plate of exotic food. Without considering their strange colors and smells , I plated more than I would eat normally and started to gobble up. The blood loss really affected me and I was starving. It was no time to be dainty and the vile snake who was sitting next to took that time to whisper to me how much he likes to see me eat well.

"You should eat more My Beloved, because I need you to be strong so that I can pump you with my pups.."

I almost screamed but remained neutral. The bloody Lord of War was getting more and more on my nerves and I was itching to kill him. I disregarded him and put more attention to my plate.

"Ew.. She even eats like a pig Fali.. That's why I didn't want to come for dinners anymore. Filthy greedy humans!"

Lady Amelia's not so quite whisper reached my ears and I saw the Supreme Lord smirking. Bloody bastard and witch. I cursed in my mind.

"Lady, keep your mouth shut. You are spitting everywhere."

Lord Ryker growled and I was pleasantly surprised. If I didn't hate this lot , I would have almost sent a smile on his way. But as I hated them with a passion, I acted as I didn't see or hear anything. To make her more annoyed , I plated for the second time. And what did she call Lord Falco.. Ah right Fali! What the heck is that? Does she think that he is a girl? I laughed inside my mind and continued to eat. But Lady Amelia was eating like a true lady. She was taking small sips from her green colored wine like thing and taking small bites from her food. While I was looking at her, I felt a foot touching my foot. And a hand sneaking on my thigh. I almost choked on my food and looked at the rotten Lord Adalwolf. He just smirked at me and continued to eat his food without removing either of his hand or foot. I tried to shrug it off but he pinched my thigh and continued upwards. Like a starved beggar I shoveled more food into my mouth but his hand and foot was becoming more and more atrocious. My face was getting redder and redder with anger and with a final huff I pushed my plate away and stood up suddenly. Knocking my seat down.