Chapter 8

Cordelia's POV

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

"Welcome back Miss Cordelia." The vile alien greeted me. It seemed like he was extra terrifying today.

"Thank you. "

I replied with a curt nod.

"Why of course.. Before you sit my dear, let me give you something, this is a rare jewel I got made just for you. As a token of my pleasure for helping me to win the first round."

The cunning alien took a necklace with a raven colour crystal pendant. He stood up from his seat while the other Alien Lords scoffed. He came to where I was standing, and helped me to put it on. I revolted with his grabby hands , while he whispered the answer to my biggest question.

"Yes. It was Griffin last night.."

I choked back a scream as I looked past him to the said Lord. My eyes widened with realization when he snapped.

"Enough Adal, she is not your Life mate yet!" His calmed angry words made the War Lord stiffen , and he complied to the request. With a final wicked smile he sat down. I was really grossed out and terrified at the same time. Almost all the food on the table looked unappetizing to me. So I plated only a little.

A bit of scrambled eggs that I'm familiar with and some strange colored meat I previously ate. Along with them there were some orange color leaf salad and I took a bit from it too. With a troubled mind , I ate breakfast and as we finished the Supreme Lord stood up.

"It's time to start the trials. Let's go."

The servants cleared the table while we went outside of the dining room. And the Lords continued to walk to the room where they teleported last time with me. Again they made a circle around me. With the chanting we teleported. When I opened my eyes, this time we were in a different location. It seemed like an arena. And we walked inside to the stage. Many aliens seem to be seated around the arena. Only a few humans were seen. I think they are life mates. The advisors were also seated a stage below our one. Five seats or thrones were reserved for the council and me. And when we came, the announcer announced our arrival. It seemed like the last time. We were invisible. After we arrived, the announcer announced our arrival. Then a red Rubi was presented to me.

"As the traditional calls, now we present the red Rubi for this trial. It's time to see who gets it."

With an awed expression I studied the Rubi and thought to whom I should give it. A sudden idea popped into my mind and with a satisfied smirk I gave it to The Supreme Lord. Both Lord Adalwolf and Ryker were visibly angry as they growled with frustration.

"It seems like The Rapier Rubi has given the Rubi to our Supreme Lord! Now the trials begin!"

With the last announcement the other two Lords leapt from the balcony. I thought they were going to do trials! Not the leap of death! But as soon as I thought about it, they reemerged on flying boats. And with then they were gone to hunt the beast.

"I will reward you for this Cordelia.. You are MINE!"

The disgusting alien took my hand and kissed it while jumping from the stage.

I was too disgusted. But waited until Lord Falcon looked aside to wipe my hand on my dress. Ew. That disgusting creature. I gave it to him, not because I like him, but store some trouble among these three stupid ugly aliens. So after the three went away , I searched everywhere for Antonella. She was on the elite stage below me and smiled at me. I waved my hand and saw some other people on that stage seeing our exchange. Good. I thought while taking my reserved seat. Lord Falco was already seated and was looking at the sky. A sudden thunder from the sky shook the whole arena. I was shaken with it and our stage trembled to it.

"Don't worry. This is only the beginning of this trial."

The remaining Lord answered to my silent question. With a screech a sudden bolt hit from the sky to the middle of the arena and I saw a huge bird with monstrous wings circling above the sky. It seemed like two Lords were fighting to get him and they both projected two elements at each other. But a sudden flying arrow pierced into one of them by the third Lord. The injured Lord tried to keep it but it seemed like he was failing. Lord Falco clapped his hands and in an instant the injured Lord who was falling from his board , disappeared. The remaining Lords fought over the beast. But they seemed to forget everything they were supposed to tame. As the beast circled the two Lords. With an ear piercing screech it dived towards a one lord and opened its beak. To devour him. But he turned around and slipped under the bird , leaving the other Lord at its mercy. The element was forgotten as a sudden beam exploded from the said Lord. He pointed something at the beast. And the monstrous beast evaded him and flapped away. It seemed like the slimy Lord who slipped away was the new target of the beast and the other Lord. He tried to fight them both with his element. But it was clear he was getting tired. The beast made a last attempt at him, making Lord Falcon to made a rash decision and clap his hands. As soon as he clapped, the Lord disappeared making the monstrous beast confused. And when its meal disappeared, it turned to its remaining target. The remaining lord seemed to be beaten up pretty badly from the previous fight as he tried to keep his posture. He sent a lighting beam after a beam towards the bird while sending fire balls with them. He was shooting with an abnormal speed and the bird tried to evade them and fly towards him. But it seemed like the Lord was stubborn as he tried to aim at this beast. With his last strength he aimed beams of lights and two fireballs and with a trembling roar the beast succumbed to its death while the alien slipped from his board. Making Lord Falco to immediately clap. And the falling last Lord also disappeared.