Chapter 12

Cordelia's POV

🌻🌹🌻🌹🌻🌹

Lord Adalwolf walked further into the party and surprisingly when we were passing , everyone parted giving us much more space. Lord Griffin and Ryker went separate ways giving us privacy.

"Do you know what I am?"

"You are a freaking alien. My Lord."

I replied as we stopped beside a fountain. Where there were less aliens.

"I am more than that. We , The Sacred Council is much more than that little girl. And I am not like the ordinary Aliens in here. If you choose me, then we will be the most powerful bonded pair on the planet. "

"Well I guess only time can tell us that..My Lord."

I smirked. He can never force me as there are two more options. He can go, fuck himself. I am never going to choose his arrogant sorry ass.

"Time? Don't joke with me Cordelia. You will be MINE!!!"

His face suddenly twisted into something animalistic and he growled at me. I was terrified of his suddenly changed behavior and the graveled voice. His steely hands clutched my feeble forearms in a tight grip. I was scared and my voice and body seemed to be locked in his command.

"Is there a problem here?"

Great. Another asshole. I thought as Lord Ryker came to my view.

"Nothing Rhy. Everything is just peachy."

Adalwolf's total appearance calmed down as he replied with a wicked smile. This man was something else and it terrified me. What if my plan backfires and I will really have to choose him.. Good Lord! I better die than choosing him! I thought while the infuriating alien took my hand and gave a lingering kiss to my hand. My face contoured with disgust as I ripped my hand from his filthy grip. His smirk told me he was not at all bothered by my gesture. And Lord Ryker left us alone.

"So what do you have in mind? I mean what kind of a mate do you want?"

"Well to start, I never wanted a mate. I thought I would be not selected and left alone. My plans were to find some work in sector two. "

"How pathetic. I am glad your plans changed. You see this world is really different. You must be really desperate to wish for something like that. Sector two is even worse."

"Yada yada. I know. This is really not working. Can I end this conversation now? Obviously we don't get alone. "

"Well then why don't you give me a chance to prove you otherwise?"

He got closer to me and his silver hands sneaked around my waist. Bringing me more and more closer to his body. I shivered when his breathing caressed my ear and he littered small kisses along my neck.

"My Lor-rrrd... This is highly inappropriate..."

"Oh really.. Then I should stop."

His warmth left me and for a moment I was perplexed and disappointed. I kind of liked the feeling but hated it at the same time. As we walked past the fountain he captured my hands in his and looked dead in my eyes.

"Let this be a reminder of all the good things I can give you Cordelia. However If you don't choose me, it will be the complete opposite. I will make sure to kill you if you choose someone else other than me. Understood?"

My temper suddenly flared after hearing his arrogant words and threats.

"No, I don't understand. What I can guarantee you is that I will never choose you imbecile. So you can dream all you want."

With a huff I left him as I felt his eyes burning a hole at my back. I did not want to spend another minute with him. He is infuriating and disgusting. When I reached the party I was again whisked away by Lord Ryker. He asked me to dance and before I could refuse him, he took me to the dancing floor. Great. Another asshole. I thought in my mind as he swirled and held me while dancing.

"So Miss Cordelia, are you enjoying this party?"

"No My Lord. I actually prefer to be left alone. "

"Really. So tell me do you know how snakes mate?"

"Eww.. no. Why?"

"Well you know given the fact that one of us is gifted with that animal, you will eventually find out."

My face told it all. It was twisted into the most horrified look. What the fuckl! A Snake??

"Oh relax Miss. It's nothing bad. This said gift is more than a snake. As the highest class of aliens, four of us have different gifts. And each animal is really different. You don't have to worry at all."

For a moment I felt dizzy. I was never good with reptiles and especially snakes horrified me. They were disgusting and I was really afraid of those slimy hissing reptiles.

"OK. Let's talk about something cheery. You know if you allow me, I can show you stars."

"Well I don't want to see stars My Lord. "

A scowl marred his face and I mentally face palmed. If I want them to quarrel , I should not make them upset with me. I already did it with Adalwolf. I have to be careful. With a false pretendence, I reached for his hand and took it.

"I am sorry My Lord. It's because after talking with Antonella, I feel like I should be more careful."

I chose my words carefully. The key is to make them think like the other's advisors are trying to change my mind.

"Why? What did she tell you?"

"No no. It's not like that. She just told me to be careful with whom I give my affection to. And I am really afraid of Lord Griffin. Can I tell you a secret?"

I whispered in his ear. He eagerly nodded and I got closer to him.

"I think I saw his ugly beast. It was horrifying!"

The Lord acted as if he was hearing this for the first time. It was only Adalwolf who confirmed it that day. Ryker and Griffin kept quiet about it acting as they didn't joke about it.

"Really.. Well don't worry about him. I can take care of you."

"But I saw it. It's so terrifying. What if I get more comfortable with you, and he doesn't like it? What if he kills me for showing you affection?"

I smiled from inside. His face was losing the cool expression and he was getting more and more serious and angry. This could work. I silently snickered in my mind.