Chapter Two: An Unexpected Friend

Right after I asked that lady from earlier 'Why me?' I was taken out by two strong guards and dragged into this grubby and cold cell. I sit, hunched over in the darkness throwing small rough stones from the floor, attempting to entertain myself.

     My mind wanders through the many questions roaming my mind. This whole situation is so messed up. Who even am I? I do not even know my own name. I run my hands over my face delving further into my mind. The more I try to remember something the more frustrating it gets. I have to remember something, anything!

     Okay, well, I should at least go through what I do know, which is not a lot. These people kidnapped me. Then they whipped my freaking memories and threw into this dump to become a 'mutant'. Whatever a mutant is I have no clue, but it cannot be good. Human experimentation sounds even worse. The many questions and worries slowly dissolve as my need for sleep takes hold.

~*~

     The sound of heavy footsteps suddenly jerks me awake. I lazily glance over outside my cell to see two guards approaching. I struggle to keep my eyelids from closing over again. One of the guards starts banging on the metal bars with his baton alerting me to full awareness.

"Wakey wakey you got a big day ahead of you..." He looks down at something in his hand I cannot see before continuing, "Number...G7. Now hands."

     What does he even mean? I sure as anything do not know what on earth he was referring to when he said 'G7' so I speak up and ask, "Wh-what? G7?"

"It's your prisoner number, now hands." The other guard demands in a deep voice. He gets lifts a pair of cuffs off his black leather belt. 

     Realising what he meant I reluctantly stand up. I stumble over to the prison cell bars. Putting my hands through the door flap they cuff both my hands.

     One of the two guards takes out a considerably large set of keys and unlocks the cell. He yanks open the cell's barred door. It makes a few screeches and cranks as he does so. Coming in he seizes my forearm and leads me out of my cell. 

     I offer minor resistance as we walk through the bare maze of hallways until we finally arrive at what appears to be some kind of...gym?

     The guard stops near the entrance of the large room and gets a small key out and starts to undo my cuffs. I hear the faint sound of the metal key scratching against the cuffs until it clicks into place and with a small turn, it then clicks open.

"This is exercise period it'll last about thirty minutes. Don't try any funny business or it'll hurt. Understood?" He questions gruffly to which I give a small affirmative nod whilst rubbing my wrists where the cuffs once had been.

     The guard then walks off the way we came leaving me to look around the large cement-walled room. I look over at various treadmills on the opposite side of the room. My eyes drift across the room seeing some cable tower machines, smith machines, and an infinite amount of all other equipment imaginable that I do not know the names of.

     A metal balcony encircles the room from high up. Multiple guards are stationed on it, all looking down on everyone with harsh stares.

     That guards do not really bother me, but as I examine the room, or rather the 'people' in it something strange becomes evident. They do not look...well they do not look human. I count at least fifty of them, and they all look partially like animals.

     My eyes widen in the realization at what the lady from before meant when she said 'mutants', but that could only mean one thing. I am going to be turned into one of these...these things.

     Panic begins to flood over me, but I am almost instantly distracted from it. A girl walks towards me. She gives me a goofy smile as she struts over, which makes her peculiar vampire-like teeth noticeable. 

     Feeling more than freaked out I take a few hesitant steps backwards.

"Well, you look frightened and clueless. You new here?" she asks when she is about five or ten feet away from me.

     Taken slightly aback I take a few moments before speaking, "Y-yeah. What's with the vampire's teeth?" I respond back trying to act casual despite being scared out of my wits.

"Thought so...and they're not 'vampire's teeth' they're bear teeth." The brunette declares proudly with a slight smile. She looks down at me fidgeting with my thumbs and looking around awkwardly she speaks again, "Dude take a chill pill you don't need to be so nervous." 

     She seems very well built, especially for a girl. My eventually land on her hazel ones, the colour complimenting her olive skin.

"Are you done now?" She asks snapping her fingers in front of my face a couple of times.

"What? Oh, right, yeah sorry." I respond finally. "Just zoned out," I add.

     I hobble on over towards one of the treadmills. I would probably just make a fool out of myself if I tried to do anything else that actually requires strength in here.

"Hey, what's your name?" She shouts over from where I was standing just a few moments ago.

     I think for a second before responding to her, "G7...I guess."

"I'm G4." She shouts back from behind me.

     I suppose that is all we are here then, isn't it? Numbers. Just numbers.

Thank you for reading! I am not going to be updating every day, but I will try to update pretty regularly!

-ѕиιρєявαιт