Chapter Fifteen: Sending George to the Infirmary

I find myself standing on the table. My hands grip George's collar dangling him above the ground with one arm. Jumbles commotion goes on around me. There are also numerous shouts, from my friends, but my brain filters it all out. George continues to grunt, uselessly trying to get free of my grip with both of his hands. I push him forward, launching him across the room. He skids along the floor between the lines of tables.

     Jumping down from the table I make my way over to George who is still making a futile attempt to retrieve balance. I hear someone come up behind me, probably to try to stop me. I promptly turn around and punch the new opponent square in the chest. They are effectively sent flying across the room. I stop and hesitate when I see it is none other than Daesung. Since he is a regular human the punch would do significantly more damage than it normally would to another mutant.

     A pang of guilt washed over me. My sentiment is short-lived and drowned in my blind anger for George. I turn on my heel and stomp towards George, who is still struggling to gain his composure.

     By the time I get over to George, he manages to stumble to his feet. He throws a rather pathetic punch to my face. My face moves slightly to the side at contact, almost making me give a small smirk.  Seizing the same arm he used to hit me I violently twist it back. A loud crunching sound is heard and he shrieks out in pain. Keeping a hold on his wrist I use my other hand to send a number of speedy punches to his torso. Then I throw a few more to his face, bloody falling freely from the teen's nose. 

     When I see George all bloody, bruised and feeble my sanity seems to resurface. My rage seems to drain from me almost instantly at the sight of him. Immediately halting the next punch aimed for the poor teen's face I instantly loosen my grip on his arm leaving him to fall to the ground. I blink a few times, almost confused, looking over at George again who is just a bloody mess on the floor.

     Unclenching my bloodied fists I taking a few hesitant steps back. Someone grips my arm turning me around completely to be greeted by Ellie's fist flying towards me.

~*~

     After I had been graced with Ellie's excessively painful punch to the face the Russian man who I now know to be Viktor saw it fit to give me a whipping. He said that he cannot afford to have mutants going rogue, but his reasoning did not lessen the sensation of my back being of fire.

     It has been a couple of days since then. When George got released from the infirmary I could barely bring myself to look at him never mind say anything. That silence was mutual. Ellie had also given me the cold shoulder, but she got over it in a few days.

     Umbra allows us to stay outside each day for a few hours so I have plenty of time to tirelessly observe my other "friends" talking amongst each other. I tend not to hang around most of them anymore. I do not know if I might lose my temper again so avoiding them almost entirely seems like a better idea. I had had my weekly dosage of the cure for that monster.  Honestly, it is probably the only good thing in this place, but even without Charthrax, I have still proven myself to be quite...unstable. A few days after a dose I would find myself being more aggressive. By the time I would be due my next one I would be half crazy. Between hearing him say the occasional word, and random desires to punch people I just want him gone. I have enough to deal with as is. 

     Gemma already tried to make small talk with me not ten minutes ago, but as usual, I chose to sit by myself a safe distance away from them all. I do not particularly like it, but it is definitely for the best.

     Slowly my eyes begin to close and I feel my consciousness slowly slipping away.

     All I see is darkness. My trembling hands immediately start moving around to try and feel my surroundings, unfortunately for me, my hands make contact with a wooden surface only a few inches from my body. It is only a matter of seconds before an intense feeling of panic begins to form yet I do not even try to bang on the wood to get out of the box.

     When all comes to no avail I try to steady my breathing now it has started to become more difficult to do so than before.

     There are disorientated shouts along with some other loud noises. I shift around until I am in a very hunched over position in the middle of the box. My eyes scan the darkness around me. My eyes soon land upon a small beam of light shining in, a keyhole. As soon as my eyes see it I lean forward enough to be able to see through it.

     I cannot see very much due to the size of the keyhole, but I manage to make out two figures across the room. I identify one to be a very angry, very drunk man and the other to be a frail woman.

     The shouting gets louder, the woman slaps the man across the cheek, the sound almost echoing throughout the room. Thee man attacks her in response. They are both soon out of view, but I can still hear the commotion. It goes on for a while before there is a thud. The drunk man comes back into view with a bearing few marks on his face.  He exits the room, slamming the door behind him loudly, leaving the room in absolute silence. 

     At this point, I resume my struggle to get out of the box by banging on the wood, unsurprisingly my attempt is unsuccessful. A few minutes pass when the door slowly begins to open and a rather short looking woman steps into the room. I do not get a good look at her as, despite her walking in cautiously and slowly, I could only see she was a brunette.

"Hello?"  she calls out softly, "Is there anyone here?"

     I consider responding to her call, but fear gets the better of me as I choose not to.

"Oh my- are- are you okay? You need to get to the hospital. Can you walk?"

     A few moments later they both came into view, with the frail woman leaning on the other for support as they made their way towards the door.

     My eyes snap open as I abruptly sit up, I begin to breathe heavily to try and catch my breath. I then observe my surrounds and realize I am still outside at this stupid "mutant facility" as they put it. It was all just a dream, or perhaps a memory, but it took me a moment to realize it was not happening presently.

    At that moment a single question springs to mind. What is happening to me?

Hi, guys, this update took so long! It was even harder than normal to write, but I finally got it out there, though it is not great quality so I will probably edit it a bit more, I just wanted to finally get it updated! Thanks for reading!

-ѕиιρєявαιт