Chapter Nine: Changing

I let out a quick gasp when my back collides with the wall and then a shaky groan when I hit the floor. Being thrown into a wall is not a severely distasteful experience.

 "Do something you fool!" The voice boomed inside my head, and much too loudly for comfort.

"But he's so much stronger than I am..." I tell the voice in return.

 When I see the Russian man in my peripheral vision I drearily drag my eyes up to see him better only to have any hopes of him stopping beating the life out of me and ending level two completely drained when I see him crack his knuckles with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Get. Up." The voice said in an extremely irritated manner.

"Can't." Comes the quick and pained reply just before I feel two a hand just under my neck and another one on my back, each grabbing a fistful of my grey jumpsuit. I feel myself be lifted into the air and before I know it I am being thrown across the room again. Whilst I am traveling through the air I widen my eyes before closing them shut again and bracing for impact. When I made contact with the floor instead of the wall I was grateful, but any feeling of gratitude quickly left me when I a strong sensation of pain enters my abdominal region. I come to the conclusion that I have quite possibly broken a rib, maybe more one in fact.

"Get up and do something!" The voice yells again into my head the volume once again much to my discomfort.

 "I can't! I told you!" I was started to get rather irritated now.

 "Of course you can, now hurry up you incompetent idiot!" The voice said at an even higher volume than it had originally been speaking at if that is even quite possible, which only adds to my annoyance.

 Then seemingly out of nowhere at all, I get a new unsettling kind of a pain in my stomach. Then the sensation of something running down my spine. I sit get up off the floor a bit so I am on my knees with one arm on the floor helping hold me up and the other clutching my stomach in reaction to the pain. I let out a bit of a muffled groan and notice the Russian man has stopped in his tracks and is examining me in curiosity. I would be relieved he has stopped for a small period of time, but the strange pains I am feeling stop any feelings of relief. 

 I immediately recall a familiar sensation of something running up my back just like in my mutation causing me to hunch over with a shudder. The pain is not anywhere close to that of the most part of my mutation, but it has similar characteristics to it.

 My arm then twitches rather violently before my head doing the same. At this point not only am I terrified of what else the colossal man in the room might do to me, but also what on earth is happening to me. I know I am mutating, but I cannot ignore the nagging and troublesome feeling that something else is happening, that it's not all going "according to plan".

 I feel a both new and utterly painful sensation originating from the upper areas for my right shoulder making me clutch it in reaction and shrivel up my face and grimace.

 I manage to make out the Russian man say something along the lines of, "What the- What's wrong with this guy?" but my brain quickly filters out any kind of volume bar my own heartbeat when a blinding pain begins to form. Clenching my jaw tightly in attempts to suppress a loud groan, yet failing, for the most part. I clench my right shoulder trying to ease the pain when I start to identify the painful sensation as familiar. The painful and strange thing gradually is spreading across the rest of my body and the pain only escalating in severity as it goes on. Now rather alarmed I rub my hands over various parts of my body where I feel this thing spreading. Where it has already spread it feels hard and almost nobbly... Oh, no not more scales! I happen to have exactly remembered what they felt like from when it happened to my arm not so long ago only I do not recall that experience being quite so painful as this one.

 I lazily open my eyes that were previously sealed shut. Daring to lift my hands and arms to examine them and much to my despair yet also my expectations instead of seeing normal skin coated hands and arms I see they are covers in army green scales. Despite the fact I was completely expecting them to be that way I jump up off the ground instantaneously and look down at the rest of my body, well that of it I can see only to find the rest of it covered in scales. I cannot help, but notice how the upper half of the inmate uniform is merely a pile of shreds of the floor.

 My eyes broaden somewhat when the other man in the room loses his confused expression turning it into his customary angry one and starts making his way towards me when I hear the voice again, "Oh I can feel it now...The control....turning to me!"  followed by the voice laughing maniacally.

 "Wh-what do you mean? What are you talking about?!"

Thank you for reading! I know I have not updated in a while, but it was not exactly easy to write let me tell you. I will not be updating again this week although I will have started the next update. The next chapter is not going to be easy to write at all so...we'll see how that goes. I love reading your comments on all my books however few they may be so do not hesitate to leave one. Until next time!

-ѕиιρєявαιт