Lovely Son - Da Qing

April 14th

"Where is everyone?"
Da qing was surprised to see the office empty.

He woke up late in the morning. It's very unusual of him. Every day he wakes up early and strolls in the street until Yunlan and the professor wakes up and he will be back to home to drink his milk which Shen prepare for him.

But today, he woke up very late and there's no one in the house.

He thought it's ok. But what he didn't expect is there isn't his milk and breakfast on the table. It made him furious. So, he went to office with hunger. At least Uncle Li will prepare him some dry fish!.

But when he reached the office, there's no one else in the office even Uncle Li. The first thing that crossed his mind is "what about my breakfast?"

Does everyone went out on a case?  But what about Uncle Li? He must be here!

All that Da Qing think at that time is about his breakfast! He didn't even remember what day it is.

He changed into human form and went to the nearby park to play with his kitten friends. It was his habit. Whenever he got bored, apart from sleeping with laziness, he comes here often to play with them.

He played with them until afternoon and returned to the office. Surprisingly, everyone's working normally as if nothing happened! Still no sign of Yunlan and Shen Wei. When he asked them where they went, everyone answered "personal". He thought, "there's something fishy! Oh no! My fish!" touching his empty stomach. Poor Da.

He shamelessly went to uncle Li and asked "Uncle! I'm so hungry. Can you prepare me some fish?" Uncle Li as usual prepared his fish and handed him the plate in silence. Da qing while munching them started thinking. What happened to everyone? Why is everyone behaving like that? Da Qing being lazy stopped thinking after a while.

He laid there lazily and slept like a log

He laid there lazily and slept like a log. He woke up after sometime to see that there was none in the office again. He immediately called Yunlan's phone and there was no response. He got tensed and hurried to the University for professor. They said he was on leave today.

Da Qing didn't understand what's happening and hurried to their house. The door was already unlocked and it was slightly opened. He got goosebumps as he smelled some magic. It is one of his powers to smell magic. He silently opened the door. It was all dark despite it is still evening.

He stood there and tried to listen to the sounds but it was utter silence. Suddenly, all the lights in the house we're lit and Yunlan, Shen Wei and all the Sid members including Uncle Li were there standing in the middle of the room and shouted..

"Happy birthday Da Qing!"

Da Qing got scared with the sudden outburst and jumped onto Yunlan who was standing near to him. Yunlan grabbed him and said with a teasing smile, "Some ancient warrior cat you are! There's nothing to scare! Happy birthday fat fuq!"

Shen with a smile wished him too.. "happy birthday Da!"

One by one everyone started hugging him and wishing him for his birthday.

Da almost on the edge of tears with what's happening now. In all his life of 10000+ years, he never celebrated his birthday. No no.. he doesn't even remember his birthday!

He looked at Yunlan with teary eyes with adoration for his master for arranging a birthday party which no one did till now. But suddenly something struck in his mind. Yunlan was there with him from many years. But how come he's celebrating now?

Then he realized the actual person behind this. There is only one chance.  It is Shen Wei! He's the only one who came recently into their lives and changed their meaning of life.

Everyone gave the gifts they brought with them to Da Qing. Of course they went to buy them when he came to office and Da Qing was so in to his breakfast that he didn't even saw them coming to the office with gift packs in their hands.

After drinks and dinner, everyone left one by one bidding good bye. Yunlan, Shen and Da were left alone in the house. Shen started cleaning the house as usual and Yunlan slumped on the couch with a lollipop in his mouth.

Da sat in silence for a while and asked Yunlan.. "Lao Zhao, how did you know my birthday?" Yunlan smiled with guilt and said "it's not me. It's Xiao Wei."

Shen just then completed his work and next to Yunlan. Da looked at him and again asked Yunlan.. "how did he know?"

Yunlan smiled and said "after celebrating my birthday, Shen wanted to celebrate yours too. So, he went to your tribe and searched all the documents for your birthday date and finally found today it is! He took so much effort for this."

Da Qing asked Shen with teary eyes..
"But Why?"

Shen simply answered "Because you are family!"

Da Qing was speechless with his answer. He suddenly embraced both and said "Love you Dad! Love you Mom!" Making Yunlan laugh loudly and Shen blush!!

 He suddenly embraced both and said "Love you Dad! Love you Mom!" Making Yunlan laugh loudly and Shen blush!!

A/N

Happy birthday dear Da Qing!🎂

Have a happy and lovely family! 🥰

Happy birthday Mr. Li Wei💐

Have a bright future ahead of you!! 🤗