Chapter 1. Escaped

Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Sherry Birkin followed the dusty road. From what they could see, they were in the middle of nowhere. Sherry looked up at Leon, her sparkly blue eyes spying his.

"So, are you guys, like, boyfriend and girlfriend?" she asked, glancing at both Claire and Leon now. Leon awkwardly cleared his throat.

"No, we're just, uh... well, we actually just met... last night?" Leon replied, trying to make the conversation a little less awkward.

"Yeah..." Claire replied, "That would have been one helluva first date, though."

"Yeah, you have no idea..." Leon agreed. The three took a couple more steps down the dirty road when a distant black vehicle appeared on the horizon.

"Look!" Sherry said, pointing towards the truck, "He might be able to give us a ride!" Claire quickly joined Leon's side, as they looked out to the vehicle approaching.

"What if it's not just the city?" she asked, glancing at the black truck, then Leon, then Sherry.

"Get Sherry outta here," Leon replied heroically. Claire walked with Sherry to the side of the road and they watched as Leon stood there, waiting for the vehicle.

The black truck drove straight passed, and as it drove past Leon, a hand popped out of the window, the rude finger up.

"Well, he was friendly..." Leon muttered, watching the near vehicle become distant yet again. Claire and Sherry ran up beside him, staring after the truck as well.

"So... is it over?" Claire asked, still watching the truck.

"I don't know. But if it's not, we'll stop it. Whatever it takes," Leon replied, stepping a couple small steps toward the truck. He stood there for a moment, before he looked back at the two girls behind him.

"Yeah. You're damn right, we will!" Claire agreed, looking towards Leon.

"Long as we stick together, we'll be fine." Leon looked down at Sherry.
"Come on," he said, holding out his hand, which Sherry took, Claire taking her other hand.

"Hey! You guys can adopt me!" Sherry said with joy, skipping down the road while gripping Leon and Claire's hands.

"Adopt you?" Claire said, looking down at the young girl.

"We can get a puppy!" Sherry looked up at Leon, and he looked down at her.

"A... puppy," Leon replied, looking up at the horizon.

"And a parrot!"

"Parrot?" Leon and Claire said at the same time.
"Great..." Claire replied. The trio talked about what they'd do after all this a little longer, before Leon noticed the sun was setting. They must have been walking longer than he thought.

"We have to find a place to stay," Leon mumbled to Claire, scanning the endless desert around them with his blue eyes for some sort of shelter. Claire searched the area around them as well, although neither of them could find a form of shelter.

The two gave up and continued walking down the dusty road. Sherry pulled her arm up moments later and pointed to the landscape.

"Look, a little cave!" she said, her blue eyes locking with Claire's brown ones.
"Nice, Sherry!" Claire replied, as she and Sherry began jogging over to the cave.

"Don't know how I missed that..." Leon mumbled to himself before joining his companions. The three friends bundled up in the little cave, which had some sort of campsite already inside.

Using a match, Leon lit the campfire in the centre of the cave. This provided enough light to notice a tent in the corner of the cave. The three bundled up in the tent, one adult on each side of Sherry. Soon, they drifted to sleep...

A/N- Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the story so far! Sorry if I'm a horrible writer. Ok bye now!