Chapter 2. You Again?!?!

Leon awoke to the noise of growling. He sat bolt upright, instinctively grabbing my shotgun. The noise woke Claire and Sherry, too. The three climbed out of the tent and looked out of the cave. Daylight. It must have been dawn.

The growls grew louder and louder, causing Leon to worry about the safety of Claire and Sherry more and more. He held his hand up, signalling for Claire and Sherry to wait at the tent.

Slowly and carefully, Leon crawled to the cave entrance, scanning the area outside carefully. Nothing. No sign of anything. Leon stood up and slowly stepped out of the cave, going far enough out of the cave to see on top of it.

At that moment, Leon heard Claire and Sherry scream. Instinct kicked in and he sprinted to his two companions, aiming his shotgun towards the thing they screamed at. After aiming his shotgun at it, he knew straight away what it was. William.

He was still alive?!?! And uglier than ever.
"Claire, get yourself and Sherry outta here!" Leon looked over to Claire briefly, before turning back to the giant ugly thing.

"No, Leon, I'm staying with you!" Claire replied.
"Me too!" Sherry agreed. Leon sighed and started to breathe heavily.

"Guys, it's important to me that I know that you both are safe." Leon looked over to Claire again, for a longer period of time before yet again turning his attention to the big brute.
"Leon-."
"Please!" he exclaimed, cutting her off. She sighed.

"Ok. Come on, Sherry." Claire grabbed Sherry's hand and started jogging away with her to the cave entrance.  Leon began shooting the ugly creature with his shotgun. It did nothing, the bullets flying into its head and having no affect. William looked over at the two running people behind Leon, and jumped to the cave entrance.

"Daddy, NO!" Sherry screamed. William was five times bigger than he used to be, so he almost covered the whole cave entrance. Leon turned to the brute, before Sherry's words processed in his mind.

'Wait... DADDY?!?!' Leon thought. He moved the thought out of his mind so he could concentrate on the big monster.  "Get behind me!" Leon yelled, sprinting to the two girls. William roared, almost bursting the trio's eardrums. Leon pulled Claire and Sherry behind him, pulling his flamethrower off of his back. He aimed at the big beast and spent all his flamethrower ammo on it. It growled in pain and proceeded to drop a tentacle down and grab Claire and Sherry.

Leon jumped in the way and the tentacle rose to the beast's head, squeezing Leon's ribs. Leon heard a snap and felt a whole heap of pain.

"Leon!" Claire shouted, trying to shoot the big yellow eye on the tentacle with her handgun. A grenade launcher would be too dangerous to use, since the eye was close to Leon, and the ammo in all her other guns had run out. She shot furiously at the yellow eye, and it released its grip on Leon's waist.

Leon fell to the dusty floor, coughing and gripping his chest. Claire and Sherry ran over to him.
"Are you ok, Leon?" they asked. He groaned in pain and looked up at them.
"I... I think I broke something... like, a rib..." Claire looked back up at the big beast. It towered over her and glanced at the three of them.

Leon stood back up, holding one arm across his chest.
"Leon, you-."
"I'm fine! I'm ok!" Leon replied. He looked up at the big monster, drawing his rocket launcher.

"Say goodbye, dude," he growled, launching three rockets at the beast's head. Smoke covered the scene, making it hard to see what happened. Through the smoke, the sight of a still living William made Leon's jaw drop.

"HOW'S HE STILL ALIVE?!?!" Claire yelled. The monster held an arm up, and then placed it back by its side.

"What the-." Leon began, before he was cut off by the floor... disappearing? The trio screamed, falling through what seemed to be a blue vortex. They continued falling for about ten seconds before they all landed on their backs on the ground of a city.

Leon was in a lot of pain, now including his back. As Claire and Sherry crouched over him, he closed his eyes, and everything went black...

A/N- Heya! I am a horrible writer, aren't I? Whatever, I'm going to keep writing anyway! :)
Have a nice day