Jamey's Explanation, pt. 1

Jamie looked at me with a lost look.

"Sorry-", I began, but was interrupted.

"No, it's OK," He started, "it's just, it's a long story."

"I've got time." We both laughed nervously.

"I think we should get somewhere safer, this isn't the best room to linger in."

He stood up, and I followed suite. I realized that I was at least a foot, maybe even a foot and a half taller than him, and he had to look up to me to me eye to eye.

He walked over to the door, and pressed his face against the door, listening. Shortly after that he opened the door, making sure to quietly turn the knob, and slowly cracked it open. He peered through it, opened it more, enough so that he could poke his head around the corner, and then looked back at me.

"I think it's asleep," Jamey whispered, "if we be quiet and follow my exact path, we should be able to get to a safe room without waking it up."

He then opened the door, but just enough for him to fit through, I had to open the door more to fit through. I slowly pulled it towards me, and then it creaked. Jamey looked back at me with a  wide eyed expression, and you could hear what sounded like someone stirring in a bed, but that someone was gigantic. He motioned me to come quickly, and began to lightly pad his way down the hall to the right of us. The noise had come from the staircase in front of the door, and had thankfully stopped.

I tried to follow Jamey's path, but it was extremely hard, but I somehow made no noised other than the door creaking. That's when I banged my shoe on a loose floorboard.