Chapter 4: The Swings

As I lay in bed I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked the time. It was 12:52 a.m. There's a part of me that really wants to go meet with Leon but I can't risk getting in trouble. Without thinking I got up from my bed and started to change clothes. I'm doing this, I'm going to sneak out. By the time I finished getting ready it was 1:05, What if Leon already left. I quietly left my room and snuck down the stairs. I looked around to make sure no one was up and I quietly unlocked the front door. I opened it and walked and locked it again.

When I arrived at the park it was empty. It looked very creepy at night. Suddenly I heard the noise of a swing. I ran over to the swing set and saw Leon.

"Hey!" I say. Leon stops swinging and smiles.

"I thought you weren't going to come" he says. I smile and sit on the swing behind him and yawn.

"You tired?" he asks.

"Of course, it's like almost half past one. I'm surprised you didn't leave" I say. He chuckles and starts to swing.

"Do you remember when that guy Charlie pushed you off the swing and you started to cry?" Leon says, smiling at the thought of the memory.

"Oh my god, yeah and then you punched him and he ran home crying" I laugh.

"I think we should be friends again, we had fun together" Leon says. I start to laugh even harder.

"You're like a super rich celebrity, how could we be friends?" I say.

"Well for now I'm back at the studio, so I'm just as normal as you are" He says, pushing me to make me swing. We both swing on the swing set like little kids, laughing at stupid things we did when we were younger.

"I really like you, Violetta" he says, stopping his swing from swinging.

"I like you too" I say, as I stop my swing as well. He stares at me for a moment and smiles.

"You're an amazing singer" he says. I blush and look away.

"Oh, by the way. Try not to fall in love with me while we're doing this whole friends thing" He says, confidently. I roll my eyes.

"Don't count on it" I say.