The Great Grudge: Part 2

I was walking along the buildings, wrapping my arms around my fluffy sweater. Inklings and octolings in all kinds of colors and fashion were hanging around the small area. A food truck was in the Square, giving people drinks or food. I have never been in Inkopolis before, and so far, it seemed cool, but I really needed someone to tell me more about this place...

Suddenly a figure caught my eye. A very short pale inkling with white hair was sitting on a bench, pouting. Maybe it was how short she was that caught my attention. But whatever it was, I walked over.

"Hey, can I sit here?" I ask, hoping to not sound weird. The girl nods, not looking up. I sit. For several minutes we sat in silence, which made me uncomfortable and I fidgeted.

"Having a bad day, huh?"

She sighs. "Yeah, maybe, ugh, I don't know." This stretched into another silence.

"What's wrong? Is there something I can do to help?"

"Nah, I guess I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Well, about a week ago, I got into a fight with some friends...and it got bad...so much so that we decided we weren't gonna be friends anymore and stopped making videos together. I thought I'd be better off without them...but...now, I don't know." I HATED friendship problems, and wanted to do whatever to help.

"Well, who were your friends?"

"A girl named Marie and her cousin...ugh...the pest, Callie."

I sigh. I wish they were famous or something so it would be easier to find them. I stand.

"I'll find them. Trust me, I'll try my best to help!" I say as I run off to go find some girls.

After hours of asking names and getting looks as if I was crazy, I was pooped. I sit on a wall and sigh.

"Why can't I find these two girls?! Is it so hard?!" I yell at nothing, getting some stares and I blush. An inkling girl with a pink jacket and a pink beanie with sunglasses walks up. 

"Are you looking for someone?" she asks. I sigh again and nod. "Who would these girls be?"

"Some Callie and Marie. I've looked everywhere! How can two, normal, average girls be so hard to find?" The girl broke out in giggles. "One of the perks of being famous. Sorry!" She was laughing so hard she was crying. She calms herself down. "I'm—" She whispers the next part. "—Callie."

"What?! You are?!"

"Shush! Keep it down! People might hear you!"

"Oh! Sorry. You're Callie?"

"Yep. The one and only."

"AH. Great!"

"So, uh, I get the feeling you don't know I'm famous...so why do you want to see me?"

"Wait, you are famous?!"

"Sure am. I'm one of the Squid Sisters, the hottest pop singers this side of the world. Not some slacking hipsters. Well, why do ya need Callie?"

"A...uh...friend of mine wanted to make something up to you."

"Huh?"

"Uh, so um...she regrets doing something...and..."

"Who is she?"

"Uh, I..." I turn my head to see the same girl again, but now she was leaning against the wall. "Oh! That's her!" Callie looks at her, and frowns.

"Pearl," she spits out. I become confused.

"So, you do know why you're not friends anymore..."

"Yep. Pearl is a dirty, nosy rat who gets on everyone's nerves and her rapping isn't even that good. I've lived much better without her." But though she said that, in her eyes I could see a flicker of regret.

"Oh. Well, she says—" before I can finish, she pulls me behind a trash can and shushes me.

"What?" I ask. "It's my agent. She's come to 'discuss' the break up with Off the Hook."

"Oh. Why are you hiding then?"

"Because she's mad that we stopped making the videos! She gonna make us work together again, and no way am I doing that," she replies. Again, I see the flicker of doubt. "We have to get back to the Shack!"

 "Uh, what's the—" But nothing was finished because Callie grabs my hand and runs off to an alley. Then she hops into a drain, but my hand caught in the metal. Then she came back up.

"Turn into a squid! Come on, hurry!"

"Uh...I've never been here, or have transformed into a squid before."

"What?! Okay, just...uh...pretend you're swimming, you know that feeling? Then hop in!" I felt queasy inside. Transforming into a different creature that can go through solid metal? Ugh. But I took a deep breath, and imagined myself in the ocean, swimming gracefully. I exhale. Suddenly my body felt weird, like a bowl of jello, and when I open my eyes, the world was huge! No, it was I that was smaller. I look at myself and to my surprise I was a dark blue squid. I smile widely.

"Hurry!" I obey and jump into the drain with Callie. It felt like I was on an extremely fast water slide, slipping down and around. I shout in joy. "Woo-hoo!!" And suddenly I pop out.

 Callie picks me up and smirks. "You can stop now." I blush and turn back.

"WOO. THAT WAS FUN!!" She giggles. "You've never been, here have you?"

"Never. My friend let me come here because she wanted me to see Inkopolis."

"Heh, reminds me of Kitty. Do you know her?"

"No. Who's she?"

"Kitty is an octoling that came to visit a couple of times...actually, she was here when we had the...the..." Her eyes widened. "OH SHOOT. SHE WAS THERE. OH GOODNESS."

"What's wrong?"

"KITTY SAW US FIGHT. SHE'S THE TYPE OF PERSON TO TAKE THE BLAME. MARRRIIIIEEEEE!!!!" She ran into a small shack not far from us. I ran after her. In the shack was an inkling girl the same height as Callie, but with shorter white hair pulled to the side.

"What is it, Cal?" she asks, stirring a bowl of batter.

"KITTY WAS THERE."

"Kitty? OH. YOU'RE RIGHT."

 "WHAT SHOULD WE DO??"

"I DON'T KNOW. I THINK SHE WENT BACK."

"Uh, what is going on?" I ask, entering the room. They look at me.

"Uh, Callie, who is this?" questions Marie.

"This is...uh..."

"L.T."

"...L.T.! She was looking for me in the Square because..."

"What?"

"Because she wanted to, um, L.T.?"

"I met Pearl earlier and—" Marie rose her hand to stop me.

"No one says that name. Or her partner's."

"Oh, sorry."

"It's fine. As long as you're not friends with that traitor." My throat tightened.

"Uh..."

"MARRIIIEEE. WHAT ABOUT KITTY???"

 "WE CAN CALL HER. I HAVE HER PHONE NUMBER." I leave the room. This was not good. How can I solve this problem? Hold up...

I grab my phone and dial a number.

"Nova? I need help!"

To Be Continued...

Well, this has been interesting. I decided to make this into four parts, so don't get too excited just yet! XD This is for @ToyBonniexBonnieluv, also known as L.T. who as never played Splatoon. Thanks for your support!