Chapter 7 The Letter Of Warning.

As I saw the unconscious body of the swordsmen, I noticed the others and Ryder coming towards me. When they arrived I noticed Ryder staring at me with his arms folded.

"Hey guys, I've been wondering when you would showed up, anyway I too—."(Cheria)

"Dammit Cheria💢!"(Ryder)

Ryder struck me on the head hard, like an annville hitting a coyote. He should really mind his blood pressure.

"What did I do Uncle!"(Cheria)

"I am not your Uncle! And how many bloody times have I told you, to wait until I tell you to come with us."(Ryder)

"..."(Cheria)

Ryder looked at the unconscious swordsmen and when he looked back at me he moped and gave a sigh.

"Well... at least you took care of the intruder and that's the important thing. However next time when you do something reckless again, give me a warning."(Ryder)

"Kay!"(Cheria)

=============================================
(Ryder POV)

It's been 250 years since I became Morito.

To all of us, Morito's has but one duty to protect city, the forest and the people living in it.

For some, they prefer guarding and doing research, others wanted to do in enforcer work by eliminating intruders and analysing whether they're a threat or not.

The Robbins which were Morito's loyal footsoldiers, always followed orders to the letter.

Omar And I had been Robbins ever since we were 80, but after the first demon war was finished, he was offered to become a Morito, but he turned it down.

We still kept in touch for a time, but our duties separated us.

Then one day we had a chat again and he brought his daughter with him.
================== Flashback Start===================
"Look this is my little girl, isn't she adorable!"(Omar)

That's the day I first met Cheria.

She was a little girl with a big heart on her shoulder, she was probably around 25 when I first met her. My first reaction when I saw her was to laugh, not because there's anything weird about her. But I just couldn't see past the hair that she had.

Then she realised why I was laughing.

"You were just laughing at my hairstyle weren't you💢!"(Cheria)

"Sorry! I'm sorry, it must've took a lot of work to get like that I think your hairstyle looks pretty."(Ryder)

"Thank you Uncle⭐️."(Cheria)

"Wait! since when am I your Uncle now."(Ryder)

"Well your friends with Papa right so that would make you Uncle now."(Cheria)

"Forget it Ryder, when she starts something she's never going to finish it."(Omar)

I stared at Cheria and she just smiled and waved at me with her eyes closed.

"No you're still not my niece and I'm sure as abyss not your Uncle."(Ryder)

"Mouu~! I'll keep calling you Uncle for the rest of my life, even if you hate it!"(Cheria)

""Hahahahah!""(Omar & Ryder)

"Stop laughing😖!"(Cheria)

==================== Flashback End===============
Every time I returned back from the outside of the city walls Omar and his daughter always came to visit me.