Immediate Hospital Visit

Jess's POV:

I'm about 7 months now. We're going to the OB to find out if it's a boy or girl.

"Alex?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He asks, pulling into a parking space.

"Do you want it to be girls, boys, or both?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers.

"Both." He says.

"Me, too." I say, smiling a little.

We kiss once and get out of the car and head inside. I sign in and sit down.

I go through Facebook and see a post that catches my eye.

"Babe, look." I say.

"An In This Moment concert?" He asks.

"Yeah! Can we go?" I beg.

"Mmm, I guess so. I'll buy the tickets tonight." He says.

"Yay! Thank you, honey!" I say and hug him.

"Jacobs!" The nurse calls.

I get up with Alex's help and we walk back with the nurse. She leads us to the room and I sit on the bed with Alex.

She takes my temp and checks my blood pressure as well. When she's done she leaves the room.

Alex pulls my shirt up a little and softly rubs my belly in little circles while we wait for the doctor. He kisses my belly and puts my shirt back. He looks at me and smiles. He puts his forehead to mine and kisses me softly.

"I love you, babe." He whispers, kissing me once more.

"I love you, too, Alex." I whisper, kissing his temple.

I hear a soft knock at the door and see the doctor come in.

"Hey, guys!" She says.

"Hey!" I say.

"How're you feeling?" She asks.

"Fine, I guess." I say.

"Well, let's start the exam." She says.

Alex sits in the chair as I take the bed. I lay back and pull my shirt up. The doctor puts the cold gel on my 7 month belly and uses the sensor to spread it.

"Well, let's see here. Hmm... oh my." She says, her mouth hanging open a little.

"What?" I wonder, a teensy bit worried.

"I believe they share the amniotic sac!" She says.

"Really?" I say

"Yep. Take a look for yourselves." She says, turning the monitor.

"Wow..." I mumble.

"What does that mean?" Alex asks.

"That means that they're gonna be identical twins." The doctor says.

"That's really cool." I say.

"What are the genders?" Alex asks.

"Hmm... a boy... and it looks like a girl." She says.

"Okay. Thanks." He says.

We leave the OB and go to Buy Buy Baby. We get out of the car and walk inside.

"Hello and welcome to Buy Buy Baby! May I ask how many you're having?" A woman asks.

"2. These will be our third and fourth, and final, children." I say, looking at Alex.

He looks away and hides in his hair from embarrassment. I giggle a little and hold his hand.

"Alex, look at me. It's fine." I say.