Chapter 4

Tell me,if a person falls apartalone in the dark,does it make a sound?And if it does make a sound,is it as loud and devastating as a decaying broken heartwhen it is finally found? Or is the sound a soft strangulation hiddenthat we miss all the tim...

Tell me,
if a person falls apart
alone in the dark,
does it make a sound?
And if it does make a sound,
is it as loud and devastating
as a decaying broken heart
when it is finally found?
Or is the sound
a soft strangulation hidden
that we miss all the time
behind words like "I'm fine?"
~Nikita Gill~

Mr. Smith and Elena has daddy issues

Once we arrived at home Damon tried to compel me to forget what happened

Once we arrived at home Damon tried to compel me to forget what happened. Much to his disappointment, it
didn't work.

"My compulsion doesn't work on her, we have no choice but to keep her in the loop. Welcome to the Scooby-Doo gang Little Lex." Damon says, winking at the end.

I roll my eyes at the nickname. Elena huffs, clearly upset. I don't bother to tell them I already know about the supernatural world. Although nightwalkers are new to me.

Despite me being in the loop Elena continues to try to shut me out. Elena and the Salvatores leave, heading to the Salvatore boarding house.

I sit in the living room watching Cutthroat kitchen. A knock on the door brings me back to the real world.

"Alexa can you get that?!" Jenna yells from the kitchen.

Pausing the show I get up and answer the door. Much to my surprise, Elijah is on the other side of the door.

I can't help but smirk.
I knew you weren't so easily killed.

"That would be correct Ms. Gilbert, " he replied in a formal tone.

Please, call me Lex.
I insist.