Chapter 9

"My heart beats in almosts

"My heart beats in almosts. It's constantly in pursuit of those whom it desires, but the moment it comes too close, it recoils and trembles, stops dead in its tracks, and bolts in the opposite direction. I hold onto what makes me miserable and let the good things go. I'm self-destructive, " I said. "It's the way I've always been."

"And why do you think that is?"

"Because it is easier to destroy something you love, " I said,
"Than it is to watch it leave."

Run Boy Run

Bonnie ends up figuring out that Elena's blood is the only way to save his hybrids

Bonnie ends up figuring out that Elena's blood is the only way to save his hybrids. When Tyler wakes up Klaus forces him to drink some of Elena's blood. It doesn't take much blood to complete the transition.

"Do you need us anymore Nik?" Rebekah asks Klaus.

He shakes head, "I've got it handled from here."

"Alright let's go, Lex, " she says turning to me.

I get up and glance at Elena. I may not be her biggest fan but I don't want her dead. Hoping for the best I follow Rebekah. We end up back at the apartment where we wait for Klaus to get back.

Hours pass before he finally walks through the door.

"I have what I need to make hybrids. Lex get up, we're going on another road trip."

I stand up along with Rebekah.

"You can stay here, " he says.

"But Nik-"

He cuts her off, "I don't need you, stay here."

She huffs and storms out of the apartment.

I shake my head and follow Klaus outside.

Where is your hybrid?
I ask, realizing Tyler isn't here.

"I'm leaving him behind. His loyalty is to me, I don't need him at the moment." Klaus explains, before starting the car.

I shrug and look out the window as we leave Mystic Falls. I never liked Tyler anyway.

****

It's been a couple of days since Klaus and I went on our second road trip. So far he has made an entire pack be apart of his hybrid army as I like to call them.

"Why do you keep that human around?" One of the male hybrids asks, staring at me

I respond before Klaus does.
Why don't you mind your own fucking business asshole.

He looks confused, clearly not understanding ASL. Klaus, on the other hand, laughs at my angry outburst.

"She says to 'mind your own fucking business asshole'." Klaus snickers, translating for me.

I roll my eyes as the male hybrid growls at me. He goes to attack but Klaus pins him against a tree.

"Don't touch her, do you understand? Because if you do I will not hesitate to rip out your heart." Klaus threatens before tossing him aside.

Thanks.

Klaus smiles and nods. It's weird seeing Klaus smile in a friendly way but oddly enough the two us have become friends.

Klaus invites me to lunch and I suggest Philly Cheese Steaks. Klaus agrees and we head to a restaurant that sells them nearby.

Just as I finished eating my delicious sandwich Klaus's phone rings. He answers it as I continue eating. As I finish my sandwich I take a sip of my Dr. Pepper. Klaus looks angry and conflicted as he hangs up.

You okay?
I ask.

"Stefan called, he says Michael is dead. We have to go back to Mystic Falls to be sure."

That can't be true. It must be a trap. I saw Katherine back in Chicago when she saved Stefan from Gloria. She mentioned that she was going to wake up Michael. It may be true but it seems suspicious.
I tell him.

He seems surprised by my answer, "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

I shrug.
You didn't ask.

He sighs, rolling his eyes. "Your lucky I like you, or I'd snap your neck for that attitude."

I smirk, amused by his words.
Aw you like me.
I tease.

"Don't push your luck. Let's go, we have business to take care of." He says, standing up.

I take one last sip of my drink before following him.

Mystic Falls here we come.

A\N: Sorry for the short chapter, there will be more next time.