Chapter 21

When you can tell your story and it doesn't make you cry, that's when you know you've healed

New Beginnings

*3rd Person POV*

Mystic Falls became quiet after the death of Alexandria Swan. No one seemed to know how to react. Jeremy Gilbert had stopped his hunter training. Despite his anger at his cousin for associating with the Mikaelson's Jeremy stilled loved his cousin. He couldn't believe he killed her. That she is gone, never to be seen again.

Elena Gilbert was never close to her cousin. Her death came to a shock to her, as it did everyone else. Elena had lost so many people that she had become numb to it, the feeling of grief. She didn't know what to do or how to tell Charlie. How could she even begin to explain to her uncle that his daughter is dead? All she can do is try and be there for her little brother.

Damon became distraught, losing himself in his alcohol to distract himself from the pain of losing his friend.

Stefan was never close to Alexandria but he hated seeing the people he loved in pain.

Caroline busied herself with trying to help everyone around her. Making home-cooked meals to bring to Elena and Jeremy and anything else she could think of.

Bonnie kept herself busy by diving into research about the cure and Silas. She also continued her magic lessons with Professor Shane.

No one outside the Scooby-Doo gang and the Mikaelson family is aware of her death. None the less, the small little town fell into a gloomy silence.

"Hi Elena, I brought a meatloaf for you and Jermey for dinner tonight," Caroline says as she walks into the Gilbert residence.

Elena looks up at her from where she sits on the couch.

"Thanks, Care," Elena murmurs in response.

"Have you heard from Stefan and Bonnie? Perhaps they can join us for dinner. I made enough."

Elena walks into the kitchen where Caroline is grabbing plates to use.

"I haven't heard from either of them or Damon. It's been radio silence for the last three days."

Caroline frowns, "Hmm. That's weird. Have you tried going over to the Salvatore boarding house?"