Chapter 3

The next day I didn't feel like walking to the park, so I decided to stay home and do some homework, I know shocker! I listened to music through my earbuds, but as I was doing my Greek I heard a knock at the door. This was unusual as the majority of the kids were still at school and only Ben was home and he was ill. Mr Kenner opened the door, I went to the top of the landing and heard a woman's voice, but it soon disappeared and I heard Mr Kenner's office door close. I thought nothing of it and carried on doing my homework.

Soon the others came home and Mr Kenner still hadn't come out of his office and neither had the woman, they had been in there for almost 3 hours. Then there was another knock at the door, this time it was a dark haired man wearing sunglasses, he too went into Mr Kenner's office. One of the other girls, in the home, Blue came into my room and sat down on my bed.

"What do you think they're talking about?" she asked

"I don't know but they've been in there all afternoon talking" I answered

"Do you think one of us is finally getting out of here?" she asked hopefully.  I hate being the only realistic person, you would think after everything that we've all been through they would learn not to get their hopes up

"I don't think so Blue, you know no-one here gets chosen," I stated bluntly.

"Clemmie, you're right no-ones going anywhere are they?" she had a look of sadness in her eyes

"I don't think so," I said disappointingly.

"CLEMENCE NICOLLETE MARTINEZ!!" Mr Kenner shouted up the stairs, which startled both me and Blue. Wait. Mr Kenner called me by my full name! He never calls me that unless I'm in trouble, and I'm not. Well, I don't think I am...

"What?!" I shouted down.

"PACK YOUR BAG YOU'RE GETTING ADOPTED!!" I stared at Blue. Did I hear that right? I'm being adopted?! Blue was smiling from ear to ear. it took me a few moments before I realised what was happening.

I leapt from my bed got my rucksack out and started shoving my clothes into it, which didn't take long seeing as my satchel had all my school stuff in it already. I raced downstairs to see my new parents.

"Katie!?" I was shocked, I'd only met her once and now she's my mom? 

"Hey kiddo, this is Colin, my husband." she indicated to the dark-haired man standing next to her, smiling both of them wearing sunglasses. What is it with the sunglasses?

 "I'll get your bags and we'll be on our way," Colin said.

 "No it's alright I've got them," I answered. They both just looked at me. I couldn't help but feel a little bit uncomfortable. "

What?" I asked. 

"Is that all you have?" Katie asked. I looked at Mr Kenner with a look of 'Help!' on my face. 

"Most of the kids here come with nothing, and because they move around so much they usually only keep the necessities." Mr Kenner explained. 

"I see," Katie said "Well it looks like we'll have to go shopping" and with that, I left Mr Kenner's office and saw all the kids in the home gathered on the stairs. I said my goodbyes and left the home for the last time. As we came onto the street I saw a black Chevrolet Suburban SUV with tinted windows. I handed Colin my bags and he put them in the boot (trunk). I got in the back seat and sat in the middle, Katie got in the passenger seat and Colin sat in the driver's seat.

"I'm sorry, but what's with the sunglasses? I mean I know your names but I haven't actually seen you." I said, but I immediately regretted it. God, Clemmie sometimes it's best if you just keep your mouth shut.

"Oh yeah," Katie said, both Colin and Katie removed their sunglasses, I gasped.

"No way!" I yelled staring at my idol, Katie Mcgrath.

"Yes way," Colin said, Katie was now welling up and tears were streaming down my face. I can't believe it my parents are none other than Katie Mcgrath and Colin Morgan! Best present ever!