Chapter 27

Clemmie's POV

I tried opening my heavy eyes, only to be met with a bright light, causing me to instantly shut them again. The pungent smell of disinfectant strong in the air. I tried opening my eyes once more, slowly adjusting to the light. I looked around the room, sunlight beaming through the window. I looked down at my bandaged wrists, to notice someone holding onto my hand. "Mum?" I croaked, barely letting any sound out, my mouth dry, "Mum?" I questioned again, a little louder. I saw the person starting to move, and slowly sit up.

"Clem?" she questioned, looking at me, "Oh my god Clem," she whispered cried, embracing me in a tight hug. I couldn't help but start to cry.

"I'm so sorry," I cried, "I didn't want to- I really didn't want to," I clung on to her shirt.

"Shh... It's okay," she said wiping away mine and her own tears, "It's okay, you're safe," she said, still hugging me.

"W-what happened?" I asked.

"Well, after you... after you... um..." she started, unable to say what actually happened

"Cut myself," I admitted, looking down at my wrists.

"Yeah... um- after that your friends found you and called the ambulance. Then they took you here,"

"And you've been here alone all that time?" I asked. I felt really guilty for what I had put my mum through, not only had she been here for hours, but she was here alone.

"No, Mel came with me, she left a couple of hours after we arrived. But Cara, over there," she said gesturing to the person curled up in the armchair covered by a blanket, "I'm guessing she'd been here an hour or so before me. She came with a teacher, Mr O' Conner," she explained.

"Why didn't Cara go home?" I asked.

"I don't know, but she didn't want to leave your side all night," Mum explained, I looked over at my friend asleep, peacefully in the corner of my hospital room. I tried sitting up, but my wrists couldn't hold my weight. "Do you want some help?" mum asked, I nodded.

After a while, some nurses came in to do some check-ups on me, they told me I had to stay in for a couple more days for other observations and tests but they eventually left. Mum left to go and speak to one of the doctors and Cara was still asleep until late morning. I guess she must have stayed up quite late last night. She started to wake up at around 11 o'clock. She looked around the room, confused at first and then it obviously dawned on her what happened yesterday. "Morning," I chuckled. She rubbed her eyes, trying to wake herself up, before realizing that I was awake.

"Clemmie?" she asked sleepily, before rushing over onto the bed and landing on top of me.

"Ow," I said, Cara quickly jumped off of me and looked at me apologetically, I started laughing, causing her to as well. She took the seat which my mum was sat in a couple of minutes ago, taking my hand in hers, rubbing my knuckles.

"Don't you ever do that again," she said in a serious tone. I looked down ashamed once more.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I get to spend the entire day with you," she said, beaming.

"What about your parents?" I questioned, "Surely they would be worried?"

"They both work long hours, I rarely see them, so..." she shrugged, leaning on her elbows on the side of my bed, and resting her head in her hands. Just then my mum came in.

"I'm just going to the cafe, do you guys want anything?" she asks.

"Could I have a croissant or something, please Mrs Morgan?" Cara asked.

"Sure, and call me Katie. It's the least you could do," she said before leaving once more. It was once again just Cara and me in the room.

"I want to say two things," I tell Cara, "First, a thank you. Because without you, I probably won't be here now. And secondly, I'm sorry,"

"What for?" she asks me.

"For making you go through this," I reply.

"I would do anything for you," she replies, smiling softly. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. We sat there in silence for a few more minutes, just looking at one another. Before I yawned, "I should let you get some rest," Cara said, getting up from her seat, I quickly grabbed her hand.

"Please, stay," I whispered, slightly moving over in the bed, so she could lie next to me. When she was on the bed, I moved closer to her and rested my head on her chest. After a while, I felt her rest her hand over my waist. I felt safe when I was around Cara. Like I didn't have anything to worry about anymore.

Katie's POV

I came back with a croissant for Cara, and a bottle of water for Clemmie. When I arrived at her room I saw the sweetest sight. Clem was resting her head on Cara's shoulder while Cara held her tight. Both were asleep in each other's arms.

Later on in the day, the cast came and visited Clemmie, bringing huge gifts, each one bigger than the last. I told Colin at around lunchtime, as that's when he would be waking up. When I did tell him, he told me that he would try and be back as soon as possible, but he couldn't promise anything.

However, Mel and Chy and the rest of the cast had told me that if I needed any help that they would be there for us. In all honesty, I don't want Clemmie to leave my sight. The doctors have suggested numerous therapists for us to go to for sessions. I know Clemmie won't want to go but that's... well... Clemmie. I know she doesn't ask for help when she needs it, and two times it's ended up with us at a hospital. I just hope that she can learn that help isn't a bad thing to have.

A/N: Please send in requests, for other chapters.