Chapter 15

Clemmie's POV

As I made my way through the airport I was so focused on getting back home that I had no thoughts about Katie or Colin at all. As I got on the plane I realised that my life would be changed forever... again.

After the plane landed I got a cab and headed to the London house. I didn't want to go to the orphanage because I knew Mr Kenner would phone Katie and Colin. And right now I don't want to be found. As I opened the door I remembered all the fond memories I had here, shopping with Katie, flipping pancakes with Colin and even playing ping pong with Rory and Shaun. The more I remembered the more I miss the fun times that I used to have. I made my way up to my room dumped my bags on the bed. And collapsed on my bed in a heap of tears and sobs.

After a while, I composed myself and realised I needed to find help. I picked up the landline, as I left my phone at the apartment in Vancouver, and called the one person who I knew would come. "Uncle Rory..." I cried down the phone, "I've messed up and I need help," I explained the whole situation but told him not to call Katie or tell anyone where I was.

I waited for an hour, in my room, before I heard a knock at the door. I raced down the stairs and opened the door my face stained with tears. Rory was giving me the usual sympathetic look if I look like I've just broken down.

"Mind explaining to me why you're here, alone? In a completely different country to your parents?" he asked as we say on the sofa.

"We had a fight, specifically Katie and I,"

"What about?" he questioned.

"I've been having more and more panic attacks since I met my birth father, so they decided it would be best if I went to see a therapist. I was coping, I was able to know when one would happen and usually, I could stop it. But apparently, I didn't have a choice, since I wasn't sleeping well nor eating well. I have never been able to sleep through an entire night even before I was put into the system, and I just haven't been hungry recently. I don't what the problem is," I explained.

"It seems as though they were just being caring, loving parents," Uncle Rory suggested, "They care about you and they were just doing what they thought was right, especially after what's happened over the last months, what with you being adopted, moving countries and getting a job. It can be a lot. Hell Katie even struggled sometimes," he explained.

"She did?" I asked, I never realised she struggled, she always seems to know exactly what to do.

"She did, and that is why she took you to the therapist because she doesn't want you struggling," he said.

"But Colin said the same thing that he said the day he adopted me, he said I was difficult and stubborn..." I said.

"Clem, have you met you? That's what makes us love you, you are never easy, you've put us through hell. And they're not things to be angry at. But what I will tell you is that Katie has completely fallen apart over the last two nights, she loves you Clemmie and she just wants you to go home to her," Rory said, tears were starting to build up in my eyes.

"You know for someone who's never cried before, you sure know how to make other people cry. You doufus," I said nudging him with my shoulder. "Can I-um... Can I borrow your phone... please?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied and handed me his phone, he left the room and headed to the kitchen.

I looked through his contacts and found Katie's, I pressed dial and the phone rang.

"Rory! Have you heard anything?"  I heard my mom cry down the phone. The built-up tears started falling down my face.

"Mom? Mom, it's me, Clemmie," I cried back.

"Clemmie is that really you?!" she sobbed down the phone.

"Yeah, yeah it's me," I replied, tears streaming, I could hear Mum and Dad's cries.

"Where are you I've been worried sick," Mum asked.

"I'm in London, I just needed to be back in England for a bit,"

"Are- Are you safe?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm with Uncle Rory in the London home. Mum, I'm so sorry, I made a horrible mistake, please I just want to see you, please," I begged.

"Don't be sorry and we're going to be there as soon as we can, just please next time, leave a post-it note," dad said, I could hear sad laughs coming from the other end. I missed my family I just wanted to see them again. I finally realised what a huge mistake I had made. Rory stayed with me, we watched a movie, and I guess I fell asleep.