Chapter 20

Clemmie's POV

After a few days in London, we had to head back to Canada to shoot some more scenes. Colin had to stay behind because of a project he was working on.

We had been back a few days and I was hanging out with Nicole and Melissa in my trailer when Nicole asked, "What are you doing for Thanksgiving?"

"What's Thanksgiving?" I asked they both looked at me with their mouths open, "What?"

"You don't know what Thanksgiving is?" Melissa asked.

"No," I replied, "I was raised by an abusive father and have lived in the foster system for the past nine years," Way to darken the mood, why don't you just die now?

"It's one of the biggest holidays of the year, you have turkey and meet up with the family," Nicole explained.

"Isn't that Christmas?" I questioned.

"Right, you're coming to the cast's Thanksgiving night," Melissa demanded.

"Okay?" I replied, unsure on whether this was a good or bad thing to go to. There was a knock at the door, it was a stagehand asking for us three to go to set.

As we got onto set Katie came up to me, "Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah," I replied, "We got invited to the cast's Thanksgiving dinner," I said.

"Okay," she replied. Melissa, Nicole and I had a fight scene to film, so afterwards I was exhausted.

I headed back to my trailer to learn my lines and maybe have a short sleep before I was needed again. I was just about to sit down when there was a knock at the door. I opened it to reveal my mum, "Hey, mum," I let her in and headed towards the sofa, "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know how you were holding up," she said sitting down opposite me.

"Yeah, I'm good. No panic attacks yet," I said, crossing my fingers. It had only been a few days since we had arrived, but I knew that Mum didn't come here just to check up on me, "So, why are you really here?"

"Well, because of what happened just before the whole birthday thing, none of us could give you presents. So, the entire cast is coming over tonight to have takeout, play games and maybe watch a movie. If you're alright with it," she said.

"Yeah, that would be great," I replied.

Time skip to that evening

After shooting, Katie and I headed back to our apartment. I got changed into some more appropriate clothing, seeing as I was in costume all day and I usually only wear a jumper, a basic tee-shirt and a pair of leggings when I'm needed for set. It wasn't long before people started arriving. Melissa, Chris and Chyler were first, soon to be followed by Nicole, Odette and Andrea. Jesse, Mehcad and David arrived last. Once they had all arrived Mum ordered pizza and we started to play charades, boys vs girls. After some intense rounds, the girls were declared the winners. Chris and Jesse said that it was because we had one extra player.

Soon after the pizza arrived and we all dug in and finished them within minutes. We then went on to open presents. I got a leather sketchbook with my name on it from Chris and Melissa. A camera from Mehcad. A load of make-up from Nicole, Odette and Andrea. David got me a pair of new headphones and Jesse got me a new satchel. Once we got all the presents out of the way we all sat down to watch Into The Woods we were halfway through the movie when there was a knock at the door.

"Clem why don't you go get that," Mum said pausing the movie, I looked at her half confused half frustrated as I had gotten comfortable lying across Chyler and Mel. I got up and walked over to the door. As I opened it I was shocked to see Colin.

"Dad!" I screamed and went to go hug him when I saw a small sleeping head peeping out of his jacket. "Oh my god!" I squealed as he walked further into the apartment. Katie came up behind me.

"We thought you might want a friend to hang out with when you're not needed on set," she explained, as Colin got the sleeping puppy out of his jacket.

"But he is your responsibility to take care of," Colin stated handing me the pup.

"Thank you so much, this is the best birthday I've had in a long time," I said beaming from ear to ear cradling the small bundle of joy which was now mine.

We headed back to the sofa and continued watching the movie when it finished everyone headed home and I headed to bed. I gave Katie the puppy when I headed to bed. After about ten minutes after I heard the pitter patter of tiny paws coming down the corridor. I opened my door and the puppy came in and whined to get up on the bed. "Okay," I sighed, "One time okay?" I said to him. I settled down and the puppy lied down by my feet but soon headed up to my face and snuggled under the duvet next to me.